Tring 6th form auditions (2014 entry)

Guest Autumn days

5 years ago my DD didn't have a physio at Tring but was offered a place  and on the reserve list for funding.  It didn't happen for her at that time. It was the best thing for NOt to go at 11. I am a great believer in things happening for a purpose. (I just need to hold on to that while we are going through this now!!!!!!!!!!!) you may need to remind that I said that, everyone!

• Like 8

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my dd got the reserve for dada, had loads of tears she is so upset. They have still invited her to Tring taster day next week for successful dada auditionees and it says those high on reserve list.?? Does anyone have any insight into this? I wonder is she high on list and still in with a chance.

Thank you Beth4ballet. It does hurt so much when they are hurting so my fingers well and truely crossed. I was wondering how many others from resrve list have been invited to the taster day. Well done to your dd she must be thrilled and you so proud.

• Like 1

Hold on in there stressedmum. There will be a lot of movement with places over the coming weeks. Most other schools haven't even had their finals yet, let alone offer out places so some of the students offered Dadas at Tring will get offers elsewhere and then turn their place down at Tring. It is exceptionally early days. Last year people were still accepting/declining places right through til end of April. Take Central for example, their final isn't even til end of March. Last year, there were definitely students who got Dada places at Tring from the reserve list. So keep hanging in there.

• Like 1

My DD on reserve list so we'll just have to wait and see - last year someone phoned Tring and were told where her daughter was on the waiting list ( but perhaps ignorance is bliss !) DD was told at audition they took 12-14 off waiting list last year, so obviously quite a few that were offered DADA's went elsewhere. Did your DD get a phsio callback stressedmum, was wondering if those that had physio are high on waiting list, only a guess - you could always call them to see where she is . Good luck x

Hi jazzpaws and mad house. Yes she had the physio asses. Keeping fingers crossed. Good luck to yourdd jazz paws. Is your dd auditioning elsewhere? Our dd only auditioned for tring , central and elmhurst. Got no for elmhurst but have central finals on 30 march.

Hi stressed mum - Good luck with that !

Yes DD has Central finals, haven't had the date 29/30th yet and Elmhurst finals next week, how strange it all is . I wonder if anyone else who had phsio but not the award is high on the list like your DD. Honestly, sometimes it seems like a whodunnit , following all the clues - we should all chill- I should practice what I preach lol x

• Like 1

Hope everyone is well, do continue to post your news! DD I feel is a little deflated after reading all the DADA results as she wasn't successful in her dance but she has her drama final tomorrow so i have told her to be positive. Unfortunately she has been off school all week suffering from a really bad cold/virus and her voice is so bad i'm wondering if it's going to affect her chances when doing her monologues. What does everyone think? Do you think they'll take into consideration that she's not at her best, because she's been so upset that she might blow her chance by being ill so i just want to reassure her without giving her false hope. Thanks again  :)

We live 4 hours away from Tring so are leaving early tomorrow morning, our doctors surgery closes in an hour so I wouldn't be able to make it and they are very peculiar about giving notes if it's only a days notice. It really is a croaky voice that would be holding her back so I'm not sure the doctors would even give me one, but wpuld they take it into consideration without one?

From experience in auditioning for theatre and in sitting on selection panels, although never for vocational schools I'm afraid, I would say that it need not affect audition results as it is obvious to everyone when a candidate is suffering from a cold/virus which of course affects their voice. I recommend Fisherman's Friends lozenges - many of them! (many people think they're foul but they really do seem to work in easing the voice as well as 'clearing the tubes'), Vocalzone pastilles (although I don't find them as helpful as Fisherman's Friends) and Sanderson's throat-specific syrup (which truly is hellish but again seems to work). You should be able to get all of those from any chemist. Plus lots of honey and lemon in hot water. And lots of water to sip during the audition, of course.

Best of luck to your DD!

• Like 1

Have just received a letter from Tring, backing up the email, saying how well DD did and she is on reserve list for DADA award BUT if I could pay the fees then all I need to do is ring up and she has a place - as if ! Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket, a black cat crossed my path half hour ago  :lol:

• Like 12