Pale pink tights?

taxi4ballet

Plume convertibles ... 6.95 a pair from dance direct ... Dd loves them because they are paler than most and once washed they go even more pale ... They look beautiful on too, lovely texture, not too thick. They do look quite pink when new but very quickly fade.

• Like 3

I like Capezio hold and stretch tights. They seem to me to be paler in pink than some other brands. I also quite like Gaynor Minden tights but they are quite a peachy pink colour when they're brand-new. However, they do fade in the wash to a more subtle pink colour so they don't stay the colour they were when they were new.

GM tights come in two shades of pink - we have the pale pink only in stock at the moment :)

Our own brand tights are quite pale, £6.99 for convs or £25 for 5 pairs :)

If anybody wants a sample I have a pair "chopped up" so can send a sample if you inbox me your address!

Sx

• Like 3

I wouldn't have stuck with Capezio tights if I had not been given this tip by a professional dancer.

Some years ago I did a series of classes taken by a professional dancer. One day the conversation turned to tights and it was mentioned by myself or another dancer in the class that the Capezio tights had an uncomfortable waist band that cuts into you. The professional dancer said she cut into the waist band to make them more comfortable. You cut 3 or 4 vertical slits into the waist band, but not so deep that it goes into the actual tights. Since then I've always cut into the waist band before wearing a new pair and I find this stops them digging into my stomach. So I think it's worth trying this tip if the waist band was the only thing you didn't like about Capezio tights.

The first time I tried this tip I did it on an old pair in case I cut in too much. But as long as you keep the cut within the waist band, it's fine. There was one time when I was in a rush and cut too deep into a new pair - what a waste of a new pair of tights!

• Like 1

My youngest DD used to struggle with Capezio tights because of the waistband. We moved to Plume, which she loves but found the softness of them meant they very easily plucked or ran so didn't last long. We now use Tendu tights which her teacher now stocks in her shop. These are very soft, have no tight waistband, seem to last fine and are a perfect match for Katz satin ballet shoes or calamined pointe shoes. We get them at a reasonable price from Dancewear Central.

• Like 1

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows of a brand of convertible tights which come in a paler pink than usual? My dd has decided that she prefers a pale pink, and we are struggling to find any...

don't know how old your DD is but Bloch children's convertibles go up to age 12 - 14 years. My DD says they are pale pink, good quality, nice and smooth, wear very well and the waistband is fine. We got ours from Dance Direct £4.95 but they are out of stock of that size at the moment(grrr!!!). There were some on ebay a couple of days ago.

don't know how old your DD is but Bloch children's convertibles go up to age 12 - 14 years. My DD says they are pale pink, good quality, nice and smooth, wear very well and the waistband is fine. We got ours from Dance Direct £4.95 but they are out of stock of that size at the moment(grrr!!!). There were some on ebay a couple of days ago.

Hi florence, she's a long-legged 14 so she's been wearing adult tights for a while now. Thanks for the tip though :)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

DD prefers Papillion as they don't have a gusset.  She had the same problem with the waistband on Capezio but the Papillion waistbands are fine.  Can't remember how pale they are in colour.  Can only get these through our local ballet shop but as I always buy six pairs at a time they give me a small discount :)

Hello VernieShores and welcome to the forum.  We hope to hear lots more from you.

:)

(And on the subject of tights, I can recommend washing them in washing products for white garments and only putting in with your white washing.  I was always amazed at how many grey tights I would see at our school - I can only assume people put them in with other coloured stuff!!)

• Like 2

I must have used the wrong washing product because I used to try and hand wash as much as possible and they still went a bit discoloured.  I never got round to trying to dye them - as I seem to remember saying I was going to do on another thread on here.

Edited for typos

Edited by porthesia

Its not just washing which can discolour pink tights. Wearing them under dark coloured trousers especially jeans the dye easily rubs off onto the tights. I used to get really annoyed with dd when she did this after i had been so careful with washing them!

• Like 3