Royal Ballet School Senior Associate Auditions

docs and dancing

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Hi, just a question, dont know if on correct page but here goes.  My friends grandson said a girl in his ballet class attended an audition insight day at The Royal and at the end her mother was approached and it was suggested that it would be a good idea if she auditioned for the school .....can this kind of thing happen or is he spinning a yarn so to speak

• 5 months later...

Possibly Bunhead as you might get one or two who get full-time places somewhere - but I should think they're like gold dust!  Congratulations on the waiting list place though, even though it's frustrating.

• Like 1

My DD is also on Short waiting list for S A 's . Is everyone put on the short waiting list ?

As far as I can tell, very few people get put on the waiting list so that's an achievement in itself! When I auditioned a few years ago I got a 'No' with no mention of waiting list, as did quite a few others x

• Like 2

Hi Bunhead and Balletdancer22. Last year my daughter was put on the 'very short waiting list' for SAs and I didn't expect to hear any more. She was offered a place at the end of July. Places do get turned down for SAs as not everyone can commute to London or Birmingham so fingers crossed!! More waiting...,,,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, I am auditioning for SA2 but in an SA1 class as we cannot make the SA2 audition time/date combination! Are the classes any different? I'm just nervous that they may call me out and ask for 'triple pirouette into arabesque, followed by penché!' Whilst the others are doing doubles happily! 

Good luck to everybody!