Royal Ballet Dancers star in Baileys Ad

Indeed.  It's really annoying - every time I need to research beer production, or something, I have to jump through all these hoops to be allowed on the page, but there you are.  I'm surprised to see Salenko in it, though, if she's only a guest principal.

Indeed.  It's really annoying - every time I need to research beer production, or something, I have to jump through all these hoops to be allowed on the page, but there you are.  I'm surprised to see Salenko in it, though, if she's only a guest principal.

I was surprised too.

God, HOW MUCH money did they spend on this 5 minute thing???!

In fact, the ad itself runs just over 2 minutes, and I imagine that the 'extravagant' description used in the covering Marketing Magazine article speaks volumes for the production costs.  But it's not alone by any means as we approach the Christmas retail season - see the ads for John Lewis, M&S, and others, all of which may have cost more.

I put it on my FB page early yesterday when it first came to my attention and didn't have any trouble viewing it (but perhaps YouTube already knows I'm over 18!). I love it - thank goodness they chose "proper" ballet dancers (and 2 of my favourites) - I've seen some very dodgy ballet dancers in music videos in the gym recently ;-)

There's obviously plenty of money in some companies' advertising budgets for Christmas this year - though why on earth I keep crying at an animated bear I don't know (and the gentleman making dinner for himself in the Sainsburys ad set me off too despite the fact he looked happy enough!!)

• Like 3

well, lets just hope the Christmas TV PROGRAMS keep up with this burst of artistic effort the ad makers are putting out...

It would be nice, wouldn't it?  And just think what *they* could come up with if they threw a similar amount of money at their programming to what I suspect has been spent on this.

• Like 2

I'm easily pleased - as long as The Snowman is on on Christmas Eve, along with Carols from Kings - perfect. We don't tend to watch TV on Christmas Day but if Dr Who, Eastenders, and Downton Abbey are on for me to record then I'm happy.

IIRC, "Death comes to Pemberley" - filmed at Chatsworth - is due to air over Christmas too.

• Like 1

Thought this advert was fantastic - shows a bit of drama as well as awesome dancing (that turning split leap from McRae is pretty epic).

One thing I didn't quite get was the tagline of "Spend time with the girls this Christmas". Didn't Iana spend most of the advert dancing with the guys?! Seems a little at odds with the visual...

• Like 1

I'm the other way.....used to love it many moons ago but now find it a bit sickly.

Having said that though got stuck into a few coco loco cocktails when on holiday which has chocolatey overtones though Bailys is richer.