Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that explains things to me too then.  I thought I was going mad as had written down 21st Feb for RCS from initial contact info and even booked trains (she is there anyway so no problem) but then checked email last night and saw it said 28th!  Good job I checked it!

SBallerina... what a nightmare... hope you managed to change all your travel arrangements ok without losing too much money.  I wondered if you logged in to the Cukas application if it gave dates on there but it doesn't it just says "audition pending".  Just checked my emails and it definitely said she had been added to the list for 21st as that's the date I asked for but then when the confirmation with all the details had come through it says 28th, I just hadn't noticed that!!

It says that the audition will be an hour and a half (so again not sure why they are saying 9.15am - 2.30pm) and will include pointe work in addition to everything else.  There was an attachment to download that came with the email with a bit more info in it as to what they are looking for etc.  If you don't have it I can forward it to you if you message me your email. 

I think there has been a mix up over audition dates at RCS, admin errors I guess. We were unable to get to 28 th audition at short notice due to a clash and got offered today so went along. The audition was ballet and pointe with a jazz class. From the info provided at the audition the RCS sounds like a great school which has become top of our wish-list so i think the admin issues are very unfortunate but the school and the training appear to be very strong.

• Like 2

Chaperone - thanks for clearing it all! 
I've also got a really nice impression of the school.
Would you mind telling me about the ballet class with pointe and how the jazz class were? I've done non to just a tiny bit of jazz earlier and I'm a little stressed for the jazz class.