Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anaballerina- which schools require references at application stage? is it some of the degree programme courses?  concerned I have overlooked a requirement ...have only managed to get elmhurst and tring completed, in an envelope and in the post box though so far.

It's central and Rambert that require reference from dance teacher and academic school chaperone xx Got the central form to complete and then all 7 will be in the post hopefully by the end of the week:)

When DS was applying and needed references from his school, we gave the school a stamped addressed envelope to be used by them to send the reference directly to the ballet school and we put a covering letter in with the application form/photos etc. It all worked out and at least I got those applications into the post all at the same time.

• Like 1

Also does anybody know if vocal solo and monologue are compulsory for Hammond audition? Was by expecting either of these as I wasn't auditioning for MT?x

Is it possible to get a couple of kessons for confidence?

I'm sure you will be fine. A willingness to have a go & try and act/tell a story through the song.

Dancers do sometimes find singing difficult because as a dancer you are trained to hold your core & pull everything up. & in which you need to do the opposite with singing.

But the panel know that & for students who are accepted will know how to help overcome that.

Does anybody know what you wear for an audition day? Obviously leotard and everything for class but what over the top? Is it just track suit or do people wear tidier stuff because some auditions include interviews and stuff? Thank you in advance x

Really sorry for the barrage of questions recently! If a school makes you an offer for a place for September how long do you have to accept/decline the place. Say you auditioned for one school in December and had an offer but till had auditions up until march would it be acceptable to finish your auditions and then make a decision?

Thank you. This one relies on a student finance acceptance as it's a degree course and I know student finance Wales hasn't opened it's application process yet so I would have to wait for that anyway x

Our DS doesn't seem to get nervous , it's mum and dad who do!!!! Our DS has been at full time vocational school since year 7 and they seem to prepare students for this stage .however it is still a very anxious time .good luck to all students auditioning !!!!!

• Like 1

Well got the no letter from Elmhurst today. That was really quick considering her audition was Tuesday, so to those who don't have one yet you could have the yes. Well a lot was learnt from this first audition, things we wished we had thought of but at least it's only the first, it's experience and time for my dd to get herself together for the others. Good luck to those still auditioning xx

• Like 2

Sorry to hear your news :(

Our first audition was at Elmhurst last year too and we got the dreaded "no" letter, but that was followed by 2 lovely "yes" letters and invite to funding audition so, onwards and upwards for your DD Vetty....as Kat09 says, all the schools look for something slightly different.  Good luck for the rest of your DD's auditions x

• Like 3