Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

I still get Child Benefit for Sean,who is 18 in February. As long as they are doing a Level 3 course [Further Education] and not Higher Education they [we as their parents] will continue to receive Child Benefit until they are 19 years old.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get child benefit whilst the child is doing A levels, even if they are doing the level 6 diploma at the same time. We were told that it was based on a certain numbers a week spent on a level subjects so I can imagine that some might have difficulty if only doing 1 subject. I can't remember the number of hours for sure but I think it was in the 10-12 hours a week sort of area. I was specifically asked how many hours DD would be doing for her 2 A levels - obviously did not know at the time but they said she qualified - but only while doing A levels and not for the third year of the course.

Edited by 2dancersmum
  • Like 1

Thank you for your replies regarding A Levels. My DD has now decided she will do Art, Photography and Textiles A Level IF by some miracle shes lucky enough to gain a place. Shes actually really enthusiastic about it now which is good. Another question...I have sent her audition acceptance form back via recorded mail 9 days ago and its  still not showing as been accepted. Am I OK to email them and ask if they have it? I wouldn't normally worry but the acceptance form said if its not received by a specified date which has now passed they would allocate her audition spot to someone else. So I'm sat anxious wondering if they have it. Thank you x

I don't think there's any harm in you ringing the school to ask if they have received it. Adelia Wood-Smith, the auditions secretary is lovely and I'm sure won't mind. It certainly wouldn't go against your dd in her chances of getting a place. The auditions secretary isn't on the audition panel.

• Like 1

Don't be afraid of the schools, or contacting them ... they are just schools and last year I had cause to speak to RBS, ENBS, Tring and Rambert about various things around applications and auditions and every single one of them were extremely polite and helpful.

• Like 2

When schools leave a space on the application form for a 'passport photo' or 'passport sized photo' does this mean a headshot in a passport size or an actually photo you would put in your passport? very confused and cant seem to work it out :unsure:

When schools leave a space on the application form for a 'passport photo' or 'passport sized photo' does this mean a headshot in a passport size or an actually photo you would put in your passport? very confused and cant seem to work it out :unsure:

I always put a headshot in a passport size.

• Like 1

Also does anybody have any idea about the photo requirements for northern as I cant seem to find them anywhere on their website :mellow:

They are listed on the application form: head & shoulders, and 'full-length recent photographs' - it doesn't specify which ones, so maybe they don't mind?

There were quite a few white leotards and their owners at last years auditions and they all looked lovely - go with what feels right and best of luck

sorry posted in wrong thread is it possible to move to "white leotards for Upper School Auditions" Thanku mods

Has anyone sent off any audition forms yet? I am hopefully going to send all of mine of by the end of this week. Just waiting for school to hurry up and write my reference as I want to send all of my forms off at the same time!