Questions about Lower School auditions

outofmydepth

5 hours ago, theother51 said:

I have seen a local dance school in the past refer to one of their students having been offered a "full scholarship". As I knew the mother of the child in question I knew that they were in fact on an MDS. 

For certain incomes the Mds could be viewed as 100% scholarship so perhaps this is what they meant?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All need to be aware that anything finance wise will be reviewed annually & is subject to income etc for all bursaries & MDS at (all) schools. So, the amount you need to pay after MDS may go up or down & the % value of a bursary can similarly go up or down dependant on circumstances. This can cause quite an issue if not expecting it!!

• Like 1

Those with a DC taking up a boarding place at WL would have to be earning around £20k a year before they would receive 100% funding (not taking account of any dependent children or adults) and those earning £100k would get about 50% funding.  Even an MDS place can be totally unaffordable.

13 hours ago, theother51 said:

I have seen a local dance school in the past refer to one of their students having been offered a "full scholarship". As I knew the mother of the child in question I knew that they were in fact on an MDS. 

One of our local schools have just done the same thing in the last few weeks and we know that the DC was offered an MDS.

Edited by Newdancermum
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to all this, so I am sorry if I am going over things already covered.  My daughter has auditioned for the Hammond for Year 7 entry 2017.  She has not been lucky enough to gain an MDS, but is on the waiting list.  Is there anywhere else that I would be able to gain some sort of funding to enable her dreams to come true or is it a case of try again next year?

There was a previous thread with links to funding bodies. It had quite a few obscure funds that contribute to all sorts of projects. Sorry I can't remember where it is but am sure if you scroll through funding something will match. 

On 18/05/2017 at 13:16, DanceTaxi said:

Hi, I am new to all this, so I am sorry if I am going over things already covered.  My daughter has auditioned for the Hammond for Year 7 entry 2017.  She has not been lucky enough to gain an MDS, but is on the waiting list.  Is there anywhere else that I would be able to gain some sort of funding to enable her dreams to come true or is it a case of try again next year?

We are in the same position, we were offered a bursary but we are not able to raise the remaining fees to make it viable.  It does ask if you are in receipt of any other funding on the Hammond finance forms so if you manage to raise any other funds they might reduce any bursary offer.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if my questions have already been answered, I have looked through but couldnt find anything. 

These are specifically for Hammond and Elmhurs year 7. 

How far in advance is it advisable to apply for the auditions? 

Are the audition classes capped at a certain number? (So could potentially be full if you don't send off your application form early enough).

Can you choose an audition date that is more suitable for you or are you given them? (And I'd need be can it be changed to one of the other dates?) 

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to awaken this thread again, but is it worth it to audition for year 11 entry into lower schools? Is there at all a chance of a place? I was debating as to whether to audition to RBS, Elmhurst and Tring, partly just for the experience before the 'main' auditions at 16+ and also because I actually enjoy auditions! I would probably need an MDS/funding help if the impossible happened and I was offered a place, are they offered at 15/year 11? 

RBS is nice in the way that all you need to do is tick an extra box for full-time, as I will apply again for Associates and SS, but Tring and Elmhurst would take a bit more time. But it's my dream to go to ballet school! Are there any cons to auditioning at all? 

Thank you :)

Hi,

Looked on Elmhurst website and see auditions dates - does that mean that I can fill the form in and send it off?......... maybe a stupid question I know but just wondered if anyone had sent off an application form already?

x

Edited by coniger