Hotel near Elmhurst

afab

Does anybody know a not too expensive, clean hotel near Elmhurst?

DD3 is doing the Junior SS and we have to arrive the day before. I'm also thinking of staying around even though she'll be boarding as it seems silly to go back to France to come back 2 days later... Plus last year I missed DD1's show as we hit traffic driving to Tring on the dreaded M25 even though we had planned lost of time! I don't want that to happen again...

Any suggestion would be great. 

Thanks a lot

I can also recommend the Britannia in the city centre, they have great offers on ( I stayed last week for less than the ibis budget was charging) en suite bath with shower, and right in the middle of the pedestrian area, next to Primark. Its a little dated, but in a nice way! Clean, comfortable and very central. We had 3 single rooms, my self, my mother and my son, all next to each other.

this link might lead you straight to the half price deals they have every Friday

http://www.agoda.co.uk/HPFdeals?cklg=1

if not, sign up with Agoda and they will come straight to your inbox every Friday.

We stayed at the Premier Inn in Hagley Rd. Fairly basic accommodation, but perfectly adequate, very friendly staff & very affordable - we only paid £29 for the night! plus cost of breakfast (children free), but that was back in Jan so might be more at this time of year. Only really suitable if you have car with you though as nr centre of city - but there is a free car park & it took only approx 10 mins max to drive to Elmhurst & that was with icey roads. There is also a Beefeater & TGI Fridays adjacent too which was very handy.

• Like 1

We stayed at the Hagley Road Premier Inn too and found it really handy and perfectly comfortable, (had previously stayed at the Travelodge near the cinema but it was awful!! rattly single glazed windows which didn't fit properly, freezing cold and I felt really unsafe walking from the car park to the hotel) but the Premier Inn was comparative luxury and very reasonably priced.

I stayed in the Travelodge in Keighley recently for a reunion do and did not like that much either. In the end asked to change rooms because it was a ground floor with windows which didn't close properly and which I wouldn't have been able to have open at night for this reason. They were very good and changed my room without any fuss and as this was up on the second floor was much better and had a more modern shower as well into the bargain!! It was obviously quite an old one and needed refurbishing.

Ive often stayed in Premier Inns and always find them very good. If you book in advance you can get some good deals like the £29 room mentioned but more likely to be in the £60 mark at this stage of booking.

In January just after the new year we got two rooms on different nights for £19 per night....one in the Bournemouth Premier which is a lovely old Art Deco building and had a great view and another in the Weymouth one which is normally booked up most of the year!!

Hope you manage to find somewhere anyway and DD has great time at summer school.

H

• Like 1

Thank you everybody!

But it appears I've definitely left it too late for good prices! :-(

Does anybody know of Eaton Hotel in Edgbaston? Even though it's a pricey hotel, it is actually cheaper now than Premier Inn!

Double :-(

Edited by afab