Elmhurst Associate Audition results

Sadie123

Has anybody heard about the Elmhurst auditions that were in Birmingham on the 22nd June yet? Only we were told we would be notified within a week and still we haven't heard anything. From experience can anyone tell me whether the notification is generally in letter form or via email. I feel like I am going crazy waiting for the post man and the first words my DS utters when he comes out of school is "any news from Elmhurst yet"?

Wow...forget the above post I have just had an email and DS has been awarded a place. So pleased he was devastated far receiving a no for RBS Associates. I am off to collect him from school and give the good news.

• Like 13

They will love elmhurst :) had a lovely open day on Saturday and we watched our children and then parents and the associates got to watch the full time students perform they were all amazing !! My dd has loved her first year as a associate x

• Like 7

They will love elmhurst :) had a lovely open day on Saturday and we watched our children and then parents and the associates got to watch the full time students perform they were all amazing !! My dd has loved her first year as a associate x

Yes I have to agree watching our children & the full time students was lovely. But for me it was my DD's last Yr 6 associate classes & I was really disapointed that the Yr 6's never even got a mention in either Denise's or Mr Parkers speeches at the end. After 3yrs of attending their Saturday classes (& my DD loving all of her classes with them) I would have thought they would have got them all up & presented them with at least a certificate! (like my DD got when she finished RBS JA's) but no, nothing. I thought at the end it was all about the teaches giving themselves a pat on the back & they totally forgot all about the Yr 6's. I know I'm not the only parent who felt this too.   :(

Edited by Tippy_Toes

Yes I agree it's a big part of their lives and would have been nice to get a certificate to save and look back on:) I have a ballet folder for my dd that I put all her exam certificates and letters and anything else she has done into so she has something to look back on when she is older

I do exactly the same grumpybearuk, it's lovely looking back at old ballet photo's etc. It just seems odd that when my DD did their associate Easter course this year (which was for only 2/3 days) she came away with a lovely certificate, which she was so proud of. But after 3yrs of associate training & passing her assessment at the end of each year, she has nothing to show for it except a few photo's that I took & the letters they sent me.

Yes, I think I will JulieW.

Hello Grumpybearzuk and Tippy_Toes, how lovely that you enjoyed watching the full time students. Both my daughters danced that day, they were all ex PVP children (the exception being stand ins for those who were injured). It was a new ballet choreographed by Mr Ho who is the boys Assocaite (PVP') teacher at Birmingham and on the main school faculty. They have been rehearsing very hard for months. The ballet will also be in the Summer Show and I am looking forward to watching it next week.

All the children were delighted to dance for the Associates and hope it was inspirational for the younger children to see year 7's up to sixth form who had been part of the PVP's themselves.

I agree it would be good to recognise the work the Associate Children have achived and the great sacrifices families have made to their dancing children to the classes.

I will email the faculty to suggest. They are very eager to motivate the children at all levels in the school, so please do email in your suggestions.

Best wishes with your dancing journeys.

NL

• Like 6

Hello Nana's Taxi,

They said Friday, Monday or Tuesday because someone was going on maternity leave. We have not heard anything, neither has any one that I know that went.

Won't be long  :D

When we went to the open day last Saturday Denise whiteman did say that Miss Creaton who normally is the one who contacts everyone is now on maternity leave so they are getting someone to fill in so might not be as prompt as normal;) good luck to those waiting to hear x

Hi Nana Lily, I sent an email to them yesterday with my thoughts & suggestions, I'm awaiting a reply.

I think they've taken on board my email (& any other parents that may have emailed them) as I've just received an email (all yr 6 associate parents should also receive it too). Part of it said....

"As the end of the academic year is drawing to a close we would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Elmhurst Associates programme over the past three years. We hope that you have enjoyed your dance classes and have gained valuable knowledge and true inspiration from your teachers. We would like to wish you all well in whatever path you are now taking; continue to work hard but more importantly never lose your love for dance, it is to be enjoyed. As I have worked more closely with Birmingham Royal Ballet marketing department this year we are developing all material for the Associate programme and what might be an appropriate end of year acknowledgement. This year, Year 6 students in all regions will receive a personal letter from Elmhurst."

So a great result! :-)

Edited by Tippy_Toes
  • Like 7