A user manual?

How easy do you find this site to use? What puzzles you and what might you like to have explained?

I've been given the job of putting together some guidance for members on the practical side of using this site. It will not be a fully-fledged manual because most of the basics are well covered by the Help pages (I assume everyone has found and read the Help pages!) and I don't think that's needed.

Your suggestions about topics to be covered would be most helpful.

It seems ....probably just me....but.....when I come to this board I come directly to the "Forum" page, I don't come to the Ballet.coForum (Home) Page - thus I don't get to see a "help" page. It might be nice to have the list which includes "help" on the "Forum" page.

Lots of time I come here by way of an e-mail notification of a thread I am following so there's no reason for me to go to the home page.

Well, anway .....some kind of "help" link on the inside pages.....or if its already there - I missed it - (what else is new?)

I'd always thought Help was on the tabs at the top of the forum, where it'd be more noticeable, but you're right: and I suspect there's nothing we can do about moving it.

Something that I suspect does need addressing is how to set up your account so people can contact you. Mine's set so that PM notifications flash up when I go onto a new page, and I also get a copy of the text of each PM sent to my email account at the same time (much more useful than the old software, it has to be said). I'd assumed this was a standard setting, but as I've had a number of delayed responses to my PMs of the "sorry, only just found this message" type, I suspect I may have tweaked something that other people haven't necessarily done. Also worth pointing out, perhaps, that you can't - as far as I can see - actually send someone an email, only get the PM duplicated to their email inbox.