Zenaida Yanowsky - Retiring?

I'm fervently hoping that the reference is to a performance together somewhere, someday - but not soon!  The RB and Boston Ballet schedules for June and July don't coincide in any useful way, unless one was to think that she might join in a Boston performance, and I don't believe she would say Farewell to her London audience like that.  And if there was something planned for the Carlos Acosta show at Sadler's Wells in August, I'm sure it would be in the blurb on the Wells website - and it's not.

Maybe next year .... but later would be better.

• Like 1

I'd agree that the reporting was sloppy but the inference seemed clear. However, as Ian points out Boston and RB schedules don't coincide in any useful way. On the other hand, Zenaida Yanowsky doesn't seem to be cast at all in Period One. mind you. There have been announcements made regarding Benjamin and Galeazzi so it would seem odd that the RB wild let such information reach the public via an outside article.

I never really doubted it, but am now greatly reassured.  And if or when that final joint performance is eventually staged, I'm sure they'll rope in younger sister Nadia, a Soloist with Dutch National Ballet.  Quite a family!  And perhaps "In the Middle Somewhat Elevated" as the work to be danced?

I never really doubted it, but am now greatly reassured.  And if or when that final joint performance is eventually staged, I'm sure they'll rope in younger sister Nadia, a Soloist with Dutch National Ballet.  Quite a family!  And perhaps "In the Middle Somewhat Elevated" as the work to be danced?

If anyone else went to see the recent cinema screening of Wheeldon's Cinderella with DNB, Nadia played the nicer of the two stepsisters and I thought she was fantastic - both technically and her acting. 

And, much like everyone else on here, I'm very relieved to hear Zenaida isn't retiring!

She is cast in The Rite towards the end of the year

Ah, yes, of course. Apologies. I did check before posting and even so managed to miss that. I'm very relieved too and just wish she were given wider opportunities. Her first Manon was so extraordinary and I've always been sorry that she wasn't cast in later seasons in this role.