Harpenden Ballet Summer School

Lemongirl

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

looking at the information for 2012 on the website, the classes look great for making progress during the long summer break.

hfbrew- have sent you a pm.

Have sent both pm and email!

Made yet another request for the website to be updated- sadly its something I have no control over otherwise it would have been done months ago.

I do have hard copies of the 2013 forms which I am happy to either email or post if people wish to contact me.

Apart from showing the 2012 form , the rest of the website is correct as the timetable remains the same each year.

• Like 1

This sounds really lovely, do places get filled up really quickly?

We would like dd to be able to come, but is in our only free week between Elmhurst SS and rehearsals for EYB starting... If she has any energy left would it be possible to book quite close to the time? (dd is 14 and Adv 1).

• Like 1

This sounds really lovely, do places get filled up really quickly?

We would like dd to be able to come, but is in our only free week between Elmhurst SS and rehearsals for EYB starting... If she has any energy left would it be possible to book quite close to the time? (dd is 14 and Adv 1).

Last year there were still places quite close to the time because the Olympics kept many of our regulars away due to changing family holidays. So it will definitely worth asking closer to the time. However please be aware that senior ballet and repertoire do fill up quickly and we do cap the numbers.

However if your dd is planning to do advanced then I'm very confident there will be  space provided enough people book before the beginning of July to warrant keeping the hall booking for that class open.

You might want to consider only doing one or two days rather than use up our only free week!

Edited to add final sentence.

Edited by hfbrew
  • Like 1

When I was first married, I lived on Station Road in Harpenden.  My oldest daughter still lives in Luton, so if there is any places left nearer the time, I could stay with her and my dd could maybe do a day or two as it's quite near the end of the holidays.

• Like 2

I mean, is it your Sumner school? If so, can adults really come? I'm just outside Royston. I was brought up in St Albans and I know Harpenden slightly.

Its not "my" summer school as such but yes I am one of the organisers and am in charge of administering the forms. We have had adults do both senior and jazz classes in the past, these would be the most appropriate. However you do have to be aware that some students are quite young as the classes are based on level not age - I have intermediate students who are only about 12/13 for example. But if you are prepared for this then you are very welcome . Forms are processed on a first come , first served basis with waiting lists for full classes.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to those of you who have sent in forms!

I'd like to know if anyone is still having trouble accessing the website because its only thanks to Spanner that there is a link to this years forms on this thread- whenever I google the summer school, not only am I getting last years form but also a mysterious half photo on each page hiding the writing!

Needless to say it doesn't look professional but I don't want to complain if its just peculiar to my lap top! And if it is just my device does anyone know how best I can access the correct pages?

Google- I think!  When I click on your link I get the new form but still the weird half photos covering the writing! I tried searching under Norton and yahoo and got same results or none. But it works on my ancient laptop!

But as long as customers are not getting problems then that's a relief!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just a reminder that closing date for this is 31st July.   After that forms will only be accepted if there are spaces available.Daily Repertoire places are now full but there are still one or two for students wishing to purchase a weeks pass.

The same applies to intermediate ballet, However there are still plenty of places for junior,senior and advanced!

If anyone has expressed an interest but not yet submitted a form, please do so asap to ensure your place!

Edited by hfbrew

The summer school dd was booked onto might be cancelled so this would have been a perfect alternative but she's aged 11 and working at grade 3-4 standard. Those are the classes that are full.

There are still a couple of spaces left if your dd wanted a weeks pass (eg 3 or more classes per day).  But hopefully she will be able to do the other summer school! If not please pm me and I will see if I can help at all, we 've had people get in off the waiting list before.