Missing ballet through illness

charlie4dancin

Well emotional/exciting/proud day dd is taking her intermediate exam exactly 2 years to the day she took her intermediate foundation exam it's been a long 2 years but she's loving every minute of her dancing... It nearly broke her but it's certainly made her stronger!!! :) :) :)

• Like 14

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Like Sheila I have been guilty of not following this lovely forum for what seems like ages... I have missed following your lovely DC stories and journeys to the unknown... It's a very exciting time of year good luck to everyone

Dd is still determined to dance through set backs and illness when it rears it ugly head every now again... She refuses to give up and lose heart continuing her super training on the CAT programme at Dance City, who I may add manage her so well and never give up believing in her either!!

She has just returned from a workshop with Amanda Britton @ Rambert... In her words it was inspiring!!

Follow your heart, dreams and passions guys as many roads lead us to the same place 'DANCING'

C4D

• Like 12

• 2 years later...

Good Morning ballet co... I can't believe if 3 years since I posted on this thread! I still enjoy following everyone's stories and journeys with interest and do add comments from time to time. After my last post in 2016 my dd was unwell for 6 months unable to attend school or dance missing 3/4 of her yr 10 school year again... She returned for yr 11 both school and dance training @ CAT who supported her as always through the 2 surgeries and reabilition clinics. She worked hard and caught up leaving school with her GCSE's... She has been at 6th form for the rest of the time completing her A levels and attending dance at Dance City recovering for a further surgery at the end of last year only 2 weeks before her auditions started for her post 18 training for a degree in contemporary dance. She now has firm offers for both dance and under graduate with more interviews in the next few weeks... She feels blessed to have some massive choices to make for September but through her own pure determination and hard work she has refused to quit after 7 long years of poor health and she has never gave  up on her dreams!

Life is what we make it guys I'm one very proud Mum and have enjoyed supporting her on the way but maybe not every step!!

keep dancing and never give up :wub:

C4D

Edited by charlie4dancin
Error
  • Like 21

• 2 weeks later...