Can`t Sign Out of Forum

Is anyone else finding it difficult to sign out of the Forum? I click on Sign Out,as usual. Yet the next time I go on to the site to sign in, I find out I am already signed in,and my username , thequays , is at the bottom of the page. Maybe  I`m doing something wrong but I don`t know that I`m doing anything different to what I always do. Thanks,Lisa.

By jove you're right! I've just found the same thing too. I think it's something to do with cookies in that if I log out, then clear the BalletcoForum cookies from my browser (Safari in my case) and restart the browser, I stay logged out.

Which browsers are you using?

I'll report this to the software folks.

John:  During this week's Links stint, I've noticed what must be another change.  On completion of posting on the Forum, pushing the Hashtag button to bring up the posting entry number in the URL now reveals a new, narrow window saying "Share Post #whatever," and this contains the URL for the post in question, plus various icons underneath.  I've been highlighting for copy/paste to Twitter, but I rather suspect the Twitter icon might do that in some more direct way.

Well, I found the site logged me out this morning - my settings are to be permanently logged in here.  Again, only on this laptop, not my work PC, though.  Weird. 

I was assuming there was a software update a couple of days ago, because the site's way of dealing with quoting earlier posts has changed.

• 3 months later...

Blimey! I've just tried that manoeuvre and it happens to me with Safari on a Mac (but not with Firefox). I hadn't noticed this behaviour before as I don't usually sign out. If I delete the BalletcoForum cookies before quitting Safari and restarting that doesn't happen.

I'll file a bug report.

Not quite the same question but I haven't officially signed out yet since I joined the Forum.....does this matter in any way....I mean is it a good idea to sign out each time. I never think about cookies and wouldn't know how to block them etc! I have never been on a forum until this one and don't twitter etc so may not be up on things that I should, thanks

Thanks John Mallinson....it's just me and the iPad to which I seem to be symbiotically joined at the moment....so guess its alright not to sign out every time. I suppose on thinking about it I ought to do every so often though or I'll probably forget my password!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have noticed over the last few days that although I am signing out every time, whenever I come back to the forums I am logged back in again.

Not a problem for me but thought you should be aware.

Laura (aka Porthesia)

• Like 1

I had that problem a while ago on a Xenforo forum. I eventually managed to log out in a different browser, and after a day or two IE got the message and logged me out too.

Edited by Melody

Could anyone who has this problem please let me know by PM (or post here) the precise details i.e. browser; Windows or Mac or tablet/phone; whether 'Remember me' is checked when you go to sign in; whether deleting cookies helps or not; anything else you can think of. Thanks. Last year's problems were supposed to have been fixed.

(Looking through the support blogs one unfortunate user complained that every time she logged out and in her sex got changed to male!)

• 2 years later...

I am having this problem over signing out only to find I am back in again. I am using a tablet now if that makes any difference, never had this with my old laptop. I pressed the link for deleting cookies but my tablet doesn't want to play. I gather it doesn't really matter if I don't sign out as this is not a shared device, but I would still like to be able to do so. Any help/advice gratefully received.

Edited by Jacqueline