Angela

News from Germany, Austria, Switzerland

906 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Duck said:

Stuttgart Ballet next season https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/schedule/17-18season/

Lots of works by John Cranko in memory of his 90th birthday - Onegin and Swan Lake, plus a number of shorter works (Jeu de Cartes, Brouillards, Initials R.B.M.E, L'Estro Armonico). Also a full month of events "behind the scenes" with open classes and rehearsals in relation to works by John Cranko.

A festive week in celebration of Reid Anderson at the end of the 17/18 season.

Ashton's La fille mal gardee, Robbins' Dances at a Gathering. A revised version of Spuck's Lulu which he created for the company in the past.

Death in Venice, the co-production with Stuttgart Opera, will be back on stage following the enormous success this season. The triple bill "Night pieces" from the current season is revived, too. Five world premieres by Marco Goecke and four dancers with the company in a mixed bill "The fab five".

------------

Needless to say, I love it :)

As do I!

2 people like this

Not me. Company News: Constantine Allen and Pablo von Sternenfels are leaving for private/personal reasons, without having a new company. Robert Robinson is leaving to study Tango in South America and do his own gala projects, Myriam Simon is leaving for Les Grands Ballet Canadiens, British dancer Adam Russell-Jones is leaving for NDT 2 (which is perfect for him, but what a pity!). House choreographer Demis Volpi is leaving, as is choreologist Georgette Tsinguirides, after 72 years of working at the Staatstheater Stuttgart!

Marti Fernandez Paixa is promoted to soloist, joining the company will be Moacir de Oliveira from the Teatro Municipal Rio de Janeiro, Mert Erdin from Het Nationale, Daniele Silingardi from ENB and six former apprentices from the Cranko School (Sinead Brodd, Julliane Franzoi, Mona-Patricia Hartmann, Timoor Afshar, Alessandro Giaquinto and Adrian Oldenburger).

Diana Ionescu will join as an apprentice on a Prix de Lausanne scholarship, four other apprentices will join from the Cranko School.

1 hour ago, Angela said:

Not me. Company News: Constantine Allen and Pablo von Sternenfels are leaving for private/personal reasons, without having a new company. Robert Robinson is leaving to study Tango in South America and do his own gala projects, Myriam Simon is leaving for Les Grands Ballet Canadiens, British dancer Adam Russell-Jones is leaving for NDT 2 (which is perfect for him, but what a pity!). House choreographer Demis Volpi is leaving, as is choreologist Georgette Tsinguirides, after 72 years of working at the Staatstheater Stuttgart!

Marti Fernandez Paixa is promoted to soloist, joining the company will be Moacir de Oliveira from the Teatro Municipal Rio de Janeiro, Mert Erdin from Het Nationale, Daniele Silingardi from ENB and six former apprentices from the Cranko School (Sinead Brodd, Julliane Franzoi, Mona-Patricia Hartmann, Timoor Afshar, Alessandro Giaquinto and Adrian Oldenburger).

Diana Ionescu will join as an apprentice on a Prix de Lausanne scholarship, four other apprentices will join from the Cranko School.

Oh nooo !!! I knew about Demis Volpi and Georgette Tsinguirides but not about the others - the article in the local newspaper earlier in the year about Robert Robinson had described it as "time out" rather than leaving the company, I have really enjoyed the performances by Adam Russell-Jones, and Constantine Allen und Pablo von Sternenfels are still shown as dancers for next season in the online brochure. Yes, this makes next season, as much as I enjoy the programming, somewhat less appealing. :(

Interesting for many of us in the UK to note that Daniele Silingardi is joining Stuttgart from ENB.

In relation to Constantine Allen, one might suspect that whichever company he is joining is not yet ready to announce him.

3 hours ago, capybara said:

Interesting for many of us in the UK to note that Daniele Silingardi is joining Stuttgart from ENB.

In relation to Constantine Allen, one might suspect that whichever company he is joining is not yet ready to announce him.

Adding intrigue indeed Capybara. Though I would think as he guested successfully and ENB were auditioning for Soloists this season...and ENB have not announced next season yet...

Could it be?