Christmas present ideas for dancers

taxi4ballet

My DD has asked for a pair of Bloch dance warm up boots in purple off her grandma. She's just a size 4 . Could anyone advise me what size would be best as small goes to size 4.5 so I was wondering if this would be big enough or go for the next size up ? Thank you

My dd has the small ones and she is a size 4.

• Like 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple and red have indeed been discontinued :( a shame as they were both very popular.

We also had a shock phone call this week to say our order of boots in Candy Pink (light pink) had been cancelled. It was scheduled for delivery last week, then it was put back to Jan and now we're being told it won't be coming in until further notice....

Not sure what Bloch are doing, but I know they're missing a very busy trading period with a much loved product! Shame! :(

We have a few size/colour combinations left in stock - sadly not the purple in adult small :(

Sx

I've had a nightmare with the childrens warm up suit from Bloch, ordered online and a week later get an email telling me Bloch were supposed to send it out on their delivery and they never and have now been told they won't be shipped out till January. Shop refunded me so I could order from elsewhere, which I have done and had the same problem...seems none Of the shops actually stock them so you are able to place an order assuming they are in stock when they are not they just order them in from Bloch and get told mid January!!

This is happening a lot and not just with dance related stuff. I had a rose delivered last week which I had forgotten I had ever ordered back in March. I also had an order for a dress accepted and was debited for it. Twenty four hours later, my order was cancelled and I was refunded. Many websites are not kept up to date when stock runs out.

Edited by Fiz

I understand that they can't physically stock everything on a website, they'd need a warehouse let alone the costs involved...but it's very frustrating when they instantly take your money but then you have to wait for refunds, i am waiting on 3 now which equates to £75 and being nearly Christmas I could do with having it back ASAP. Bloch must be doing themselves a massive injustice with not stocking and supplying popular items?!

• Like 1

I believe it is a little too late now but I would just like to let others know that if you are ever interested in having a custom made doll based on your dd or ds, I have an Etsy store for that! Unfortunately, I cannot take orders until post-Christmas (that is why my store is empty) but I shall put a link to my Instagram as reference to previous works. Cheers!

Http://etsy.com/shop/dreamerscrochet

Http://instagram.com/dreamerscrochet

Edited by idreamofdance

I'm excited about a pressie I ordered last week .. Wall calendar from vistaprint with discount from tv advert code worked out at £13 including postage

I've uploaded photos month by month for 2015 based on what she was doing in that month in 2014... Exams, dance school show, EYB, Panto audition.

Haven't received it yet and fingers crossed it will be ok quality :)

I believe it is a little too late now but I would just like to let others know that if you are ever interested in having a custom made doll based on your dd or ds, I have an Etsy store for that! Unfortunately, I cannot take orders until post-Christmas (that is why my store is empty) but I shall put a link to my Instagram as reference to previous works. Cheers!

Http://etsy.com/shop/dreamerscrochet

Http://instagram.com/dreamerscrochet

omg I need one of these!

• 8 months later...

While doing some preparatory work for the links tomorrow I came across an article about a biography of Anna Pavlova suitable for 5-8 year olds.  It is available from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swan-Life-Dance-Anna-Pavlova/dp/1452118906/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441222763&sr=8-1&keywords=laurel+snyder

Here is the article about the author and the book:

http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/entertainment/books-literature/ballerinas-backstory-helped-atlanta-childrens-auth/nnW4x/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, I know it's early but I had to do something to kill the time whilst dd was at a workshop today.

A couple of years ago loccitane did a lovely royal ballet themed Almond gift set. I bought one for dd & she loved it.

This year they have three themed sets costing £24 each. Nutcracker, Giselle & Carmen. Only the Carmen one is in the website though. The Nutcracker one is mostly almond & shower gel etc rather than perfume.

http://uk.loccitane.com/carmen-collection,83,1,29814,806804.htm

Would make a nice present.

• Like 2

Morning all,

speaking of christmas we're about to launch our dreaded pre-christmas marketing drive (!). How about a membership to our ballet film subscription service? It costs £75 per year (payable monthly) and it gives the viewer the chance to watch everything we ever do however many times they like.

We have original work featuring Alina Cojocaru, Steven McRae, Johan Kobborg, Sarah Lamb, Vadim Muntagirov and more. Interviews with Olivia Cowley and Will Tuckett and a series of how-to films with Yasmine Naghdi and Marcelino Sambe. There's a lot more to come.....

Anyway, enough marketing. Take a look and see what you think!

http://crystalballet.com/index.php/

Best

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, inspired by all the passionate dancers and dance parents that I'm surrounded by I am creating a collection of jewellery for dancers which would make perfect Xmas presents or good luck gifts for auditions. Made to order by me in a choice of sizes and colours to suit. Crystals and semi precious gems. Here is the link to take a look-

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/256841948/gemstone-and-crystal-ballet-charm?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=gemstone%20and%20crystal%20charm%20ballerina%20bracelet&ref=sr_gallery_2

Hi nutcracker -x I can make to fit any size so if you give me your true wrist measurement I can make to your size! Sizes are judged on average wrist but I know they can vary from person to person so feel free to msg me if you would like a custom one.

• 3 weeks later...

I have made another little unique stocking filler ideal for dancers- it's a little box of lucky charms, perfect present for Xmas, upcoming auditions, exams etc that they can keep in their dance bag. Suitable for all ages. Hope you like them! 10 Available here - or pm me. Thanks all!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/260424996/little-box-of-lucky-charms-for-dancers?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=ballet%20lucky%20charms&ref=sr_gallery_2#

Not particularly dancer specific, though for children away from home either at university or US LS it would make a lovely gift. My mum signed up for a beauty box subscription for me as a surprise gift. It arrives once a month from My Little Box and it always has lovely little pamper style gifts plus something relating to whatever theme it is that month, last months was cooking based so it had a cute little apron and came in a sweetie tin. It's great fun and whenever it arrives I get straight on the phone to my mum to have a chat about the contents, I think she looks forward to its arrival as much as I do!