Christmas present ideas for dancers

taxi4ballet

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what Ted Baker products are like for sensitive skin. Dd is allergic to most children's stuff though she seems ok with adult make up. We've not tried bath products at all since she was a toddler and broke out south she bled.

Always worth doing a patch test? I think the Ted Baker range is aimed at adults and teenagers, so she may be ok.

I understand the problem, as I've had hassles with some makes of perfume and dd is allergic to sun cream (makes things tricky on holiday). Perhaps you could contact the Ted Baker company and ask for a sample so you can test for allergy.

• Like 1

Bought some Ted Baker stuff on 3 for 2 yesterday, including a set of two nice candles for dd's ballet teacher who likes Ted Baker and candles!

Also (shhh) bought some earmuffs to keep dd's ears warm without disturbing her ballet bun. Fashionable and functional! :-)

• Like 4

If you look on the Etsy.com site [which is American],and type in pointe shoes a lady is selling Hand Painted Cinderella Pointe Shoes.They are absolutely beautiful. She only had 5 to start with, and I bought 2 of them yesterday. 1 shoe costs $35 which I think is very reasonable. If you see the photos on the site,they look really lovely,and great attention to detail has been given. I bought 2 because they will be a matching pair,and I only ever buy pairs of decorated or vintage pointe shoes. Post for 1 shoe, I think is $15 . So for me 2 shoes, plus postage from the states,comes to exactly 100 US dollars,which works out at £64.84, according to Paypal. I think they would make a lovely Christmas present,and a unique one at that.

• Like 2

If anyone's dd has a very rich and generous relative or godparent one of those exquisite miniature tutus which are on display at the ROH would be a lovely Christmas present! They cost several hundred pounds. Sadly, my dd won't be getting one!

• Like 1

Does anyone know what Ted Baker products are like for sensitive skin. Dd is allergic to most children's stuff though she seems ok with adult make up. We've not tried bath products at all since she was a toddler and broke out south she bled.

My dd has extremely sensitive skin and as tried the Ted baker range with no ill effects whatsoever. We have the same problem in that most products with any perfume in cause extreme sore and bleeding patches.

I've found a wonderful book called 'The Dancer's Book of Ballet Crafts'.

There's loads of things to make, a journal and various articles etc etc. I got it on a well-known internet auction site as second-hand, but it's in super condition so dd will be getting it as one of her presents now.

I don't think it is available in the UK but I'm sure it could be ordered from the USA.The author is Christina Haskins.

• Like 1

If you can afford it, I think one of the best ballet presents you can buy is to actually take them to the theater to watch a live ballet performance.

I agree.

I am taking DS to see Mathew Bourne's 'Sleeping Beauty' in early January.