RBS upper school accommodation

Billyelliott

Can anybody give any comments  from first hand experience of what the upper school accommodation in Pimlico is like - I'm interested in what life is like for the boys or should I rather say young men.....

How long does it take to travel from the accommodation to the school ?

Is it self catering?

I see they have the option to eat in the Royal  opera house staff canteen ...

Are rooms shared? 

Are the men housed in the same building / area as the Ladies?

are there laundry facilities?

To what extent are they supervised in the living quarters ?

thanks!

Hello. My daughter has just graduated from RBS and was at Pimlico for one term when it newly opened last year. 

The students tend to bus in....I'm not sure how long it takes.....probs about 20 minutes.  It's a massive house and is shared by first and second years....boys and girls.  You do share rooms.... There may be the odd single room. To start with students did their own cooking but because there weren't many cookers I think they brought in catering to make it easier for students. But yes you have the option of popping over to the ROH and eating in their canteen which is great because it's great healthy food and not too expensive.....and you get to share the lifts with your idols!

it is supervised there..... You have house parents....I'm not sure how many.

Yes there are laundry facilities.

When you have done your 2 years at Pimlico you will be more than ready to move to Jebson house in Covent Garden where the house is separated into individual flats where you look after yourself but have 2 or 3 houseparents keeping an eye out...... Led by the fabulous Julie Dunn.... Who remembers that these are teenagers who occasionally need to let their hair down!! ?

• Like 5

No Fiz  not yet! anyway.....

I am just comparing the accommodation between where he is now and some of places he wants to audition for in the next few months- we had not really considered RBS but after some recent encouragement it's back on our list !

DS is a fussy eater  he prefers to cook his own food so we were looking at the pros and cons.

It turns out that he will spend next week with at least one of the boys there at the moment -  so I'm hoping for a bit more inside information! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juliet said:

Hello. My daughter has just graduated from RBS and was at Pimlico for one term when it newly opened last year. 

The students tend to bus in....I'm not sure how long it takes.....probs about 20 minutes.  It's a massive house and is shared by first and second years....boys and girls.  You do share rooms.... There may be the odd single room. To start with students did their own cooking but because there weren't many cookers I think they brought in catering to make it easier for students. But yes you have the option of popping over to the ROH and eating in their canteen which is great because it's great healthy food and not too expensive.....and you get to share the lifts with your idols!

it is supervised there..... You have house parents....I'm not sure how many.

Yes there are laundry facilities.

When you have done your 2 years at Pimlico you will be more than ready to move to Jebson house in Covent Garden where the house is separated into individual flats where you look after yourself but have 2 or 3 houseparents keeping an eye out...... Led by the fabulous Julie Dunn.... Who remembers that these are teenagers who occasionally need to let their hair down!! ?

That's lovely information thanks Juliet  I can see theyr'e well looked after!

Edited by Billyelliott
Typo

6 minutes ago, Fiz said:

I hope you didn't think I was being intrusive.

Not at all Fiz it's nice of you to take an interest!

Its "that" year for us-about to get to that highest point of the ballet roller coaster once again ......

Time to buy a new bottle of Gin!

• Like 4