• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still a good number left in the Amphitheatre, though I don't know what how long that will last - presumably those displaced from the stalls will snap them up.

Unsurprised but disappointed that there was nothing left for Jeux or Sea of Troubles.

8 minutes ago, John Mallinson said:

Anyone know why La Tragédie de Carmen at Wilton's is marked as Sold Out?

This has happened before with the events at Wilton's. In the past they have kept a lot of tickets back for their own patrons. These tickets have become available once they have opened their own public booking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

This has happened before with the events at Wilton's. In the past they have kept a lot of tickets back for their own patrons. These tickets have become available once they have opened their own public booking.

I guess that's it. Wilton's public booking opens on July 3.

I imagine a sizeable number of tickets for the MacMillan shows and events have been held back for the other participating companies.  When I booked (when Premium 2 Friends booking opened), the entire front stalls section was unavailable for some of the main stage shows and there were only a small handful of tickets for some of the Clore events.  Accordingly, I'd suggest keeping an eye out for more tickets going on sale at a later date.

• Like 6

I've a MacMillan Concerto triple ticket purchased in error (I can only go on the alternative date) SC Standing D50, £6, for the 18th.  Didn't realize my mistake until my tickets arrived only a few days ago.

Obviously I'd advertise this in the usual place, but seeing as you're talking about it... first person to drop me a PM (and acknowledge here that they've done so) is welcome to it.

1 hour ago, bangorballetboy said:

I imagine a sizeable number of tickets for the MacMillan shows and events have been held back for the other participating companies.  When I booked (when Premium 2 Friends booking opened), the entire front stalls section was unavailable for some of the main stage shows and there were only a small handful of tickets for some of the Clore events.  Accordingly, I'd suggest keeping an eye out for more tickets going on sale at a later date.

Well that is the biggest laugh of the century.  Friends of Northern Ballet were given standard friends booking priority when the company appeared at the Linbury.  I wrote to NB and asked if we would get similar booking privilege for this and the answer came back as a resounding NO but that public booking opens on 26th July.

Unless the upper echelons of BRB have been offered any form of priority then who are the tickets being held back for?

42 minutes ago, RuthE said:

I've a MacMillan Concerto triple ticket purchased in error (I can only go on the alternative date) SC Standing D50, £6, for the 18th.  Didn't realize my mistake until my tickets arrived only a few days ago.

Obviously I'd advertise this in the usual place, but seeing as you're talking about it... first person to drop me a PM (and acknowledge here that they've done so) is welcome to it.

Just about to send PM. Thank you.

• Like 1

I was - naively in retrospect - very surprised to find no tickets for Jeux and Sea of Troubles. V disappointing. Hope some will come up in due course as would love to see both. On another note, the flip side to all this wonderful talent in the company means my bank account is taking a terrible hammering. Can't resist trying to see lots of dancers doing lots of things!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Nightmare of a morning with scarcely any disability-suitable seats for the two "Sylvia" dates I can make, none for Song of the Earth and none for the Concerto triple.

Then, just to add insult to (literal) injury, there was a "problem" with my Sylvia booking and I don't think I've even got those seats. :mellow:

I'm absolutely thrilled to have got tickets for Sylvia, both the Osipova/Bonelli and Nunez/Muntagirov casts. I was strongly tempted to buy for the Cuthbertson/Kish matinee too, but restrained myself. It could be a bit of a Sylvia overdose!

If anyone else is going (30th November and 1st December) I'd be very happy to meet up. ll be wearing my badge :)

• Like 1

Yes, there was very little left for the Baiser de la Fee programmes and nothing for the Jeux and Sea of Trouble performances. I'm not too sure that my booking has even got through as I haven't yet received an e-mail confirmation.

• Like 1

I had a lucky fluke today, it was 8.57am when I entered the ROH website, had to join the queue and suddenly realised it was Public booking,and  managed to get a Baiser de la Fee amphi ticket, there are actually a few more at the moment that have been added!

I went in first thing this morning for Sea of Troubles (knowing it would be the most problematic) ... and it was - at 9.00 am SOLD OUT ... i.e., no tickets for the poor.  (Hope they film it as it is so short.)  Feel this may well be the way with the 'new' Lindbury when it re-opens as the standing places are reduced to six and everything else is at a higher premium.  Did manage to get a ticket to Jeux .... and otherwise got all that I was after for both the ballet and opera in a fairly smooth transaction ... so, overall, a good outing.  Thanks ROH.  

Well I got in no problem this morning and got the 2 Sylvia tickets and the 2 Alice tickets I wanted. However, I thought there seemed to have been a price increase in the side stall circle tickets.  Earlier this year I booked SC A14 for Mayerling for £49 and it was a really excellent seat. This time I managed to get A17 for Sylvia and it was now £64! Similarly for the 2 Alice tickets the matinee was only £1 cheaper than the evening one, surely it used to be more?

Well I've just had a look to see if any tickets had miraculously appeared for the MacMillan celebration featuring BRB - no such luck.  It would be really interesting to know who got all the tickets...

I think, given the prices, that ROH completely misjudged the interest in these programmes.

• Like 2

Mayerling was lower-priced in general than a lot of full-length ballets are.  I had a front row Stalls seat for one of the matinees for £61 (though sadly I ended up not being able to go to that performance and passing the ticket on to somebody else).  Something like Sleeping Beauty would be much more expensive.

(Sorry, the above is in response to jimhopton's post.)

Edited by RuthE

There's been a noticeable increase in prices, not always justifiable by popularity, in my book.  I had a couple of cases where I was thinking "You're expecting me to pay that much?  For a matinee?!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beryl H said:

I had a lucky fluke today, it was 8.57am when I entered the ROH website, had to join the queue and suddenly realised it was Public booking,and  managed to get a Baiser de la Fee amphi ticket, there are actually a few more at the moment that have been added!

You had to join the queue at 8.57?  I couldn't even get into it until after 9 am.

3 hours ago, Anna C said:

Nightmare of a morning with scarcely any disability-suitable seats for the two "Sylvia" dates I can make, none for Song of the Earth and none for the Concerto triple.

I thought Access list members were allowed to book before the general public?  Very unfair if not, given the limited supply of usable seats, I'd have thought.

Anna, unless you're particularly attached to The Judas Tree, would you not at least be better off going to see Song of the Earth at the Coliseum in January?

• Like 1

Scheduling all this MacMillan stuff has been a nightmare for me, so I don't dare think what it must have been like for the administrative staff!  I'm waiting for all the "oops, I can't be in two places at one time" posts over the next few months :)