Matthew Bourne Cinderella

Has anyone been to see MB Cinderella? I have just had an email that it is touring at my local theatre and tickets went on sale yesterday for it. I would love to see a MB, but wondering if it will be OK for my nearly 10 year old, as I know some of his ballets are a little on the darker side (my husband refuses to go to the ballet with me!!!!)

Hello Sunrise, I saw it in the late 1990s when it was first produced.

It's set during the Blitz and has some lovely choreography.  However, I can't cope with loud bangs and there is one before the start of Act 2 that cannot be predicted.  When I asked theatre staff about it they suggested I wait outside the auditorium until the bang had happened and then go in.  I did this but couldn't go to my original seat.  The bang is VERY LOUD.

I would think it is OK for a 10 yo unless your theatre has an age guidance on it that is greater.

6 minutes ago, penelopesimpson said:

When did RB last do Cinderella?  Would love to have a change from the Nutcracker

2011. As I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum a number of times, O'Hare said at the press announcement for the season ensuing that Cinderella will be back in the near future and probably redesigned.