I. Just. Don't. Believe. It.

Lisa O`Brien

Don't know if people remember me telling them how happy I was that my pervy neighbour had moved, only to be dismayed he had moved nearer to me, but at least he was now on our side of the street, around the corner from where he used to be. This meant I couldn't see him from our house. We have new neighbours; a man and a woman.  A few days ago I was hanging out clothes in the back garden. As I was reaching up pegging clothes my eyeline came into contact with the man, standing in the back bedroom, looking out of the window, watching me. Just like the previous one used to do. Thought it was a bit strange at the time but that was it. I've just now been in the back garden, hanging out more clothes on the line. Guess who was standing at the back bedroom window, staring at me? Yep, you guessed it. The new neighbour again. I deliberately didn't look at him, but could feel and see out of the corner of my eye that he was looking at me. I'm in my scruffiest clothes, as I haven't been out all day. My hair is a mess; hasn't even been brushed for a few hours now and my bulges are bulging out in all the wrong places. Mind you, I never wear a bra. Don't know if that's relevant or not. The other morning I noticed a table and one chair in the back garden. The woman of the house was sitting out in the chair at about eight o'clock in the morning in her nightie. It wasn't even sunny or warm. Do people remember me telling them about the old neighbour and how he used to sit out at the crack of dawn in just his towelling dressing gown , and once with the dressing gown undone and him being completely naked underneath? So, sitting out at the crack of dawn, not wearing much [ her]. Standing at the back bedroom window, just standing there watching me put clothes on the line twice now in a very short space of time [ him ]. I'm starting to think, did LJ [ the previous, pervy one] say something to the new neighbours about me? I'm guessing they must be renting the house of the original occupants as no For Sale signs were ever up, nor was that house advertised online for sale in any of the local estate agents, as I look quite regularly what's for sale and to let. I'm starting to think, did he say something, especially to the man like, that woman over there, she's a bit kinky, and really likes it when men stare at her, or something ? LJ knows full well I like nothing of the sort and threatened to report him to the police if he carried on with what he was doing in full view of me. Has he said something to the new ones so they will continue, especially him, where he left off? Sean, my 20 year old son just came downstairs and I told him. He opened the back door. The woman this time was standing at the back bedroom window. He said she was staring over at our house. What the hell?

1 minute ago, Fiz said:

Perhaps Sean should have a "friendly" chat with him?

Yes, but I suppose they're perfectly entitled to look out of their bedroom window if they want to. It's just that this is how it started with L J. Then it escalated. I actually very nearly gave him the v sign and mouthed to him to go and you know what. But what if i'm over reacting and it is perfectly innocent and a coincidence? They'll think i'm not only a dreadful neighbour but a nutter.

How tall is the fence between you and them if you can see into their garden? How many 6 ft panels would you need to block your view of her in nightie? Maybe a task for son before he heads of to university? Failing fence panels what about some high trellis and a Russian vine? By next summer it will be rampant and block your view. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jane said:

How tall is the fence between you and them if you can see into their garden? How many 6 ft panels would you need to block your view of her in nightie? Maybe a task for son before he heads of to university? Failing fence panels what about some high trellis and a Russian vine? By next summer it will be rampant and block your view. 

The fence is quite high, but the slats have quite wide gaps between them. My back garden and their back garden are back to back to each other. If I stand in my back bedroom or if they stand in theirs and look out of the window you can clearly see right into their garden. You're overlooking it. I can actually see right into their back bedroom from my own the houses are so close. Ditto downstairs. If I stand in my living room I can see all the way into their house, all the way through to their front door. Not sure if my landlord would approve of the plants. He might do. Wouldn't stop him looking down at me into my garden from his upstairs window though.