Royal Ballet in Queensland 2017

I've started a new topic as the other one is focused on casting.

QPAC's YouTube channel has several film clips re: Royal Ballet events.

This one gives an overview of their Made on the Body choreography exhibition.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nina G. said:

Is this part of the official RB Tour or is this totally separate? What will be performed there and who are the dancers?

I presume that the exhibition has been curated by QPAC staff to complement the Royal Ballet's performances there. There are other Royal Ballet focused events at the venue, listed here:

https://www.qpac.com.au/the-royal-ballet/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=the-royal-ballet&utm_content=retweetsteven

Updated Royal Ballet cast information for their performances at QPAC is also downloadable from the link above.

Edited by Josephine
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would be very interested to know if the Programme Notes/Cast Sheet for Woolf Works at QPAC include more helpful synopses. This issue was raised when Woolf Works was performed recently at ROH and I believe was being given further consideration.  The overview on QPAC's website is very brief but I think significantly more informative than what I recall from last time here and the press review today is also insightful - that of course may well be down to the critic and not the programme note!

https://qpac.com.au/event/rnb_woolf_works_17/

I LUV the programme notes for  Woolf Works as they are good for hours of amusement.  I love sitting in the Hall before the performance watching guests furrowing their brows over this exercise in pretentiousness.  I think if I had read the notes before booking, I might not have turned up.  As it happens the ballet is wonderful and immensely accessible - with or without Virginia Woolf.  

• Like 4

It all sounds pretty different from the 6-month tour of Oz and NZ in 1958/59.  Trunks sent ahead by sea via Harrod's Depository weeks in advance, and then a three day flight out.  But the personal kit boxes seen in one of Olivia's posts a couple of days ago look identical to the two in our garage, so that's something that appears not to have changed.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, penelopesimpson said:

Seems to be behind a paywall?

Many apologies - this is a mystery to me. Earlier today I was able to access the article twice, but not now it seems. The article is a brief report within a general feature on culture. It stated that Queensland audiences had been stunned by Woolf Works, with some people regarding it as 'the single most significant cultural experience of their lives'. It then looked forward to The Winter's Tale and gave some facts and figures about the Royal Ballet tour, including that seven company Birthdays will be celebrated while away and that the youngest company member is Laurence Elliott.

You could try copying the link and put the link as a search criterium in google.  That worked for me.

To copy the link, right click on it in the post above and select copy link.  Then paste that into the google search box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josephine said:

Many apologies - this is a mystery to me. Earlier today I was able to access the article twice, but not now it seems. The article is a brief report within a general feature on culture. It stated that Queensland audiences had been stunned by Woolf Works, with some people regarding it as 'the single most significant cultural experience of their lives'. It then looked forward to The Winter's Tale and gave some facts and figures about the Royal Ballet tour, including that seven company Birthdays will be celebrated while away and that the youngest company member is Laurence Elliott.

Yay!  DS getting a mention ?

Edited by Hambleton
  • Like 4

We were told at the Insight session Friday afternoon (C Wheeldon, J Barrett & K O'Hare) when Claire was demonstrating Hermione's trial solo that her partner had been injured during a rehearsal on Wednesday. Last night {Saturday) I was told it had been while rehearsing the act 3 pdd.

By the way, saw three Winter's Tales in Brisbane and loved it every time. May post my impressions after tonight's TdF stage. Mountains!!!

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...