OPES summer school 2017

Pixiewoo

Good afternoon!

DD decided she wanted to go to OPES, we sent forms off and as far as we know - it is all systems go. :)

She is now worrying/panicing about what she will need to take with her dance wise. I've said I'm sure we'll get a 'kit list' in plenty of time, and as long as we have leotards/tights/shoes that will be fine! However, someone, somewhere has told her she will need to take a tutu and jazz trainers.  ( She has the tutu but not jazz trainers as prefers to dance in foot thongs )

PLEASE! does anyone have a kit list from previous years that I can set DDs mind at rest with? !

THANK YOU!

Uniform

LADIESbring leotards of any colour for 4 days. 1 x black leotard for informal showing on the Friday.

Pink tights. Can wear black tights or rolled up pink tights for contemporary with bare feet. 

Ballet shoes and pointe shoes (only if have already started pointe work with current teacher). Do not worry if you have not done a great deal of pointe work or not on pointe yet. This will not affect your week.

OPTIONAL; ballet practice tutu but please do not purchase one just for the course. Warm ups/tracksuits to wear in between classes.

Casual clothes to be worn in the evening. Please bring a pair of trainers for Commercial dance workshop.

Linen and towels

All linen and towels will be provided. There will be laundry available for those doing more than a week (which will be done at the end of the week) but for others please bring enough dance wear and clothing for the week.

• Like 5

GENTLEMAN- Black Unitards/leotard, t shirt and tights for 4 days. White top and black tights for informal showing on Friday if possible.

Ballet shoes and bare feet for contemporary.

Warm ups/track suits to wear in between classes.

Casual clothes to be worn in the evening. Please bring a pair of trainers for Commercial dance workshop.

@Pixiewoo I haven't been to OPES, but have been to Malvern which is a sister course and it was about 50/50 of those who brought Practice tutus (just the skirt bit), in my group anyway. the oldest group (about 16+) all brought practice tutus, but none of the youngest group did I believe (<11). If you have one or want one, great, but they are optional :) 

• Like 1

DD was in young group last year - she was 12. Didn't use practice tutu. Last minute post asked children to take tap shoes if children do tap for last day performance but only if children want to . Whole experience is wonderful, professional but easy going too - no pressure - just ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ti62 said:

DD was in young group last year - she was 12. Didn't use practice tutu. Last minute post asked children to take tap shoes if children do tap for last day performance but only if children want to . Whole experience is wonderful, professional but easy going too - no pressure - just ? 

Thanks Ti62. Dd has a practice tutu but no point in bringing it if she's not going to use it. She is 11 so would be in the younger group too

• Like 1

Yes, Olivia told me that this year they will finish 4pm sharp (or I guess that not later then 4pm) as people have flights booked etc. 

She told me my DD will be in the middle Advanced 1 group. It's her first time. Any information about this group? Age range, uniform needed, any other DC from this group? We don't have the practice tutu and probably won't buy one but do majority of girls in this group wear skirts? 

• Like 1

Hi Happymum

Dd did this last year and also does the Malvern workshops. No not everyone takes tutu's (mostly the black tutu on pants type) to either of these courses. Dd took hers the other year but it wasnt used! 

Practically everyone wears pretty skirts tho and there is someone there that sells them. So take plenty of pocket money for that! (£18/20 each).