Tring CBA Auditions 2017

we are at All England tomorrow!!first time ever,slightly scared!! Audition was some flexibility froggies,fold in half,splits.some barre work,partner work,then some solo corner work I think maybe leaps/jumps.It was only 45/50 minutes & it was a very calm friendly experience.Has lovely dance studios must be a great experience to dance there

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly delayed response but we were there at the CBA audition too. DD's third attempt! She received the 'train hard and try again' letter first two times so wanted to give it another shot. Hopefully she'll have improved enough over the past year. The letters must be due out soon.... I am so hoping it will be good news for her this time! Hope good news for your dd too Dancer123.

Edited by Splitz17
  • Like 1

yes fingers crossed for you as well Splitz17!! sounds like your DD really deserves some good news.We upped our dance classes over the past year & have been trying to take things more seriously after last years letter!! can't even remember what it said as I felt so sad!! DD totally fine!! How old is your DD?? We had never realised how stiff the competition was at these auditions!! Last year we got our letter on what will be this Saturday so not sure if it will be the same this year.

Last November we received a no letter on what would be this Friday.  I heard that there are less than a handful of places on offer across all groups, although I'm not sure how reliable this info is.

Edited by tropicmama
  • Like 1

so I guess if anyone is lucky enough to be offered a place they have done very well!! with your assessments I am assuming they don't ask people to leave?? But I guess some people will stay in current group some will move etc? How many are roughly in each group? How many groups do they have & what time are the lessons?? my DD is 10 so what group would she be in if we were lucky?? is it done by age or ability??

• Like 1

We also have a 'yes'. DD will be sooooooo happy feel incredibly lucky & grateful. We received a no last year & in hindsight although hard to take it has made her so determined, we took more lessons & she has worked really hard. So I am pleased I can tell her hard work pays off & getting some 'no's' along the way makes you really delighted  for any success's. Fingers crossed for everyone else.xxx

• Like 7

Congratulations to the yeses - especially those on a second attempt! My DD got a very positive no letter telling her to try again, it's her first attempt at CBA, so I expect we'll be back again in November. She's lucky enough to already attend another associate scheme, so won't be too downcast. It's all experience, and good to have areas to work on. Well done to your girls xx

• Like 2

It was a no again for my dd. Felt quite disheartened by this, but then just heard from RBS JAs she's been put on the short waiting list, so now more encouraged!!

It really is a rollercoaster isn't it!

And it just goes to show that different schools look for different things.

• Like 6

Thank you Dancer123 for your kind words. And big congrats to your dd. Amazing the difference a year can make. How funny you had the same experience.

Apparently dd is a 'late developer' - natural ability/potential but right now lacks strength/stability - it seems Tring are looking for a slightly more 'finished article' than perhaps RBS...

• Like 2

Hello! First time posting & as MyBalletboy said such a helpful community with loads of great advice! My DD got a yes and is in group 2. She also got SWL for Y6 RBS JA's which was a lovely surprise, but we know it's extremely unlikely to translate into a place! She's so thrilled about Tring & can't wait for September :).  Can anyone clarify how the assessments work? Are they yearly or more frequent and do they ever assess out?

• Like 3

Shall try and make a rare USEFUL post. Assessments are once a year but I've seen children move up mid year so not necessarily the only predictor of progress.

if you miss the assessment class for any reason they will give you a predicted mark don't worry.

There is a section of the assessment titled "Grooming".

If my DD can modify her leotard with large safety pins clearly visible keeping her straps attached as she doesn't trust my sewing and STILL get a 10/10 then they are particularly gracious and tolerant in this area.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Katycat said:

Hello! First time posting & as MyBalletboy said such a helpful community with loads of great advice! My DD got a yes and is in group 2. She also got SWL for Y6 RBS JA's which was a lovely surprise, but we know it's extremely unlikely to translate into a place! She's so thrilled about Tring & can't wait for September :).  Can anyone clarify how the assessments work? Are they yearly or more frequent and do they ever assess out?

Hey,  my daughter started at Tring last year and is moving up to Class 2 in Sept.  She also got a SWL place for yr6 JAs this year :) 

My DD has loved Tring so far so I am sure your DD will too :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting an old post but I was just wondering:  for anyone with a DC joining CBA this September, were you able to purchase a CBA hoodie from Dancing Boutique?  I think they are out of stock but wasn't sure if anyone had info on when they will be back in stock. 

7 hours ago, tropicmama said:

Resurrecting an old post but I was just wondering:  for anyone with a DC joining CBA this September, were you able to purchase a CBA hoodie from Dancing Boutique?  I think they are out of stock but wasn't sure if anyone had info on when they will be back in stock. 

We ordered straight away and a small size which we have been sent. They did say the bigger size was on order. I phoned them as the leotard came up small so had to return and get the next size up. They were very helpful over the phone.  We are all sorted now.