RAD Grade Results

Pixiewoo

I'm a little confused ...

RAD results are 40-64 pass, 65-74 merit and 75-100 distinction  ... is that correct? 

I was talking to a friend whose DD recently took her grade 3 ... she said her DD got a distinction with 73%?   

But surely that is a merit? I'm not wanting to put her down and haven't/ wouldn't say anything ... but just for my own peace of mind was wondering how/ what she meant? 

20 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Off the top of my head I don't remember but when dd did her IF a friend asked her marks & because me & dd had been so focused on her distinction we forgot the actual marks & told the friend she'd got 10 marks lower than she actually did!

I did wonder this, but DD was talking to friends DD on instagram and she also told DD she got 73%!

Have come across over zealous exam mark sharing with not always accurate reportage shall we say.....can be demoralising for those who think others did better than them but surely far worse for those exaggerating as they know the truth....! I do think that when applying to Voc Schools or SS's , do they continue with the fiction when filling in the section that asks for latest exams taken & marks? In this day & age it is surely easy to check via RAD & similar candidate numbers or perhaps online applications should need to have attachments of exam certificates along with photos/videos etc...

Edited by Peanut68
Grammar police!

To be honest I would be very surprised if Vocational schools are even that influenced by exam results and I can't imagine they would bother to check them.  For full year courses they would rely on what they see at audition and for summer schools they only use it as a rough guide to the appropriate level to place the dancer.  Most overseas dancers don't take exams at all.

16 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Most overseas dancers don't take exams at all.

Indeed. Or in this country! The 2 professional (now retired) dancers in my family took no exams ...

Edited by Kate_N
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

To be honest I would be very surprised if Vocational schools are even that influenced by exam results and I can't imagine they would bother to check them.  For full year courses they would rely on what they see at audition and for summer schools they only use it as a rough guide to the appropriate level to place the dancer.  Most overseas dancers don't take exams at all.

I agree. The only time Schools would need verification of results would be in cases of having to have passed Intermediate before being allowed to take Adv 1.