Pirouettes in Pregnancy

I would post Happy Mother's Day, it is here in Switzerland and most of the world, I appreciate however not in the uk.

I just wanted to share this video from Viktorina Kapitonova showing her pregnancy bump develop with pirouettes a small she shared it on social media today.

• Like 8

No, in the UK we still celebrate Mothering Sunday: it actually has little to do with mothers, but apparently was the time, halfway through Lent, when domestic staff were allowed to return home at the weekend to go to their "mother" church.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alison said:

No, in the UK we still celebrate Mothering Sunday: it actually has little to do with mothers, but apparently was the time, halfway through Lent, when domestic staff were allowed to return home at the weekend to go to their "mother" church.

That is very interesting Alison, and I actually had a look at wikipedia to see how many different versions of 'mothers day' at different dates for historic reasons.

I did however mean that yesterday was Mothers Day for Switzerland and many other countries, but not in the UK (Hence why I couldn't wish the predominantly UK based ballet fans here 'happy mothers day'

• Like 1

We used to get into trouble with my mother in law every year because we didn't send her a Mothers Day card till May. We kept trying to explain that they weren't available in March because Easter hadn't happened yet, but it never seemed to work; she always thought it was some sort of intentional insult until she got her card in May, and then she was pleased. But we went though this performance year after year...

Edited by Melody
  • Like 1

On 15/05/2017 at 18:53, SwissBalletFan said:

I did however mean that yesterday was Mothers Day for Switzerland and many other countries, but not in the UK (Hence why I couldn't wish the predominantly UK based ballet fans here 'happy mothers day'

Yes, and I was explaining why the UK one was in March - we corrupted a different celebration, so to speak :)