SUMMER SCHOOL 2017 HELP

Pixiewoo

Help!

having been very organised, and booked DD onto a dancing summer school as soon as possible ( and re arranged our holiday to accommodate it! ) I've just had an email to say it has been cancelled :( :angry: due to 'disappointing response' ... ( I have to say I haven't seen any adverts for it anywhere )   DD is going to be devastated, as it was her birthday & Christmas present. She is dancing currently and I am not looking forward to telling her, and so I want so alternatives already 'up my sleeve'

Can anyone suggest any summer schools? I've looked at OPES, and I like what I see, but its all ballet although some contemporary. DD would like some musical theatre/jazz ( and tap would be wonderful! ) It would need to be residential too.

I did look at ballet west, but sadly they are all before DD breaks up, and she is also away with school.

thanks in advance  x

Hammond has one which covers all types dance (as well as a ballet only.) West Yorkshire run by tutugirl on this forum.

What a nightmare for you - which week of the holidays do you need?

Maybe don't tell dd until you have an alater native arranged?

20 minutes ago, Balletmumof2 said:

Hi

i have just received the email also! My DD is going to be gutted. Following this thread to see what people come up with. Was so organised but now left with the possibility of nothing ?

X

I pressed like ... not because I like, but more ' I know how you feel ' !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

My dd is doing Tring that week but it's MT (jazz singing acting). Their Dance one incorporating all styles is either thecweek before or after. 

How old is she? Bird run different ones each week but you have to be 14. 

Thanks.  She is 12, and wants really to do musical theatre, so this might be a possibility. ( except its a 4 hour plus drive away! )

If it's any help this is a reply to an email I sent to Tring last week. 

Thank you for your email.

On the dance courses we cover ballet, jazz, contemporary, commercial, musical theatre dance and tap (for those with experience) We do our best to cover each genre equally. 

On the musical theatre course the first three days is made up of classes and workshops where they rotate between dance (jazz) singing, acting and a workshop. As the week progresses more time will be spent on rehearsals, with the penultimate day being a full day of rehearsals for the show on the final afternoon.

All timetables are subject to change but this is a good example of how the weeks are run.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Natalie

• Like 3

Still places available at my summer school .

As well as classical , rep and pas de deux , we do offer jazz , commercial and tap .

Residential available too 

tutugirl 

sarapackham5@gmail.com

students attending from 4 vocational schools , also non vocational students .

small groups . Excellent faculty .

2 performances at the end of the week .

in my opinion great value for money .

tutugirl x

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tutugirl said:

As well as classical , rep and pas de deux , we do offer jazz , commercial and tap .

tutugirl 

sarapackham5@gmail.com

tutugirl x

Thank you it looks super, and I will keep it mind for next year for us, but sadly, this year, it clashes with a previous commitment.

out of curiosity, I know you arrange homestay which sounds lovely, but do the students stay on their own with a family, or is there the possibility of staying with a friend in a homestay? Thanks xx

• Like 1

Hi . They stay with a host family , whose child is also on the course , and if possible a similar age .

there is the opportunity to stay with a friend .

I personally house 3 or 4 students 

Thanks for your message

tutugirl x

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tutugirl said:

tutugirl 

sarapackham5@gmail.com

tutugirl x

Could you post a link or details please Tutu girl.

On 13 May 2017 at 09:11, tutugirl said:

Hi . They stay with a host family , whose child is also on the course , and if possible a similar age .

there is the opportunity to stay with a friend .

I personally house 3 or 4 students 

Thanks for your message

tutugirl x

DD would love to do your course one year.... Sadly clashes with only dates we can do a family holiday this year.....do you have an idea if next years likely dates so I can get ahead of the planning game?!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. 

DD decided she would like to try OPES, so we have sent application form and cheque off. I have had a text message to say these have arrived.

Does anyone know ... does this mean DD has a place, or do I need to wait for official email or letter?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pixiewoo said:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. 

DD decided she would like to try OPES, so we have sent application form and cheque off. I have had a text message to say these have arrived.

Does anyone know ... does this mean DD has a place, or do I need to wait for official email or letter?

I think OPES is first come first served so I would take it that she has a place. My dd is also attending OPES this year for the first & really looking forward to it

• Like 1