YDA Associates Audition

tropicmama

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone's DC is auditioning for YDA Associates this weekend? If so, has further information (times, etc) been sent yet?  I would be grateful also for feedback from those whose DS/DD has auditioned recently.

• Like 1

We're also there at 10am (9.30 for the warm-ups, although DD looked unimpressed with that idea and if I know her, will decide that putting headphones on and sitting in a corner with her tablet is the same thing... given the tales of competitive stretching, that may be a good thing!)

Good luck to all!

• Like 1

Finally received information.  We also have 9.30am stretching and 10am audition start time.  Does this mean there's only one group?  Or are there several depending on age? The bit about the physio assessment is also scaring me - DD isn't the most flexible!

Hope everyone's DC enjoyed themselves today!

DD had a minor meltdown just when we had to go into the studio and decided that actually she'd like to go home. Only a minor blip, but Anna du Boisson came over and had a chat with her and was terribly kind. Appears she had a lovely time once I'd disappeared and other than struggling with the French a bit, she enjoyed herself. 

Somehow managed to lose the specially bought hairnet, but emptied half a ton of mousse and a lot of kirby grips onto DD's hair and managed an approximation of a ballet bun that wasn't too mortifying and definitely wasn't coming loose - there were some beautiful creations on show!

With any luck DD will now be rather less intimidated at the RBS auditions in June. 

• Like 5