RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

Thank you so much balletmum55 I am totally clueless ? Yes I get it as she will be in year 6 from September ? 

I am new to this chat have you got a son or daughter that auditioned if so I hope you also got a good result also x x

• Like 1

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, NicolaP17 said:

Thank you so much balletmum55 I am totally clueless ? Yes I get it as she will be in year 6 from September ? 

I am new to this chat have you got a son or daughter that auditioned if so I hope you also got a good result also x x

?

My dd has been a JA for 2 years and she has been very lucky as she will continue as an MA in September. Like you I found the forum searching for information when my daughter unexpectedly got her JA place. 

It has been a lifesaver on many an occasion, with general queries, leotard advice, recommendations on summer schools and for simply understanding when others around you don't! The forum helped me locate other children who were off to the same ballet residential as her, and so also made her life easier, and I've made some lovely friends through it too. 

Welcome xx I hope you'll find it as useful as I have and carry on sharing your daughters journey xxxx 

• Like 8

You are so kind, thank you I will. That's fantastic news regarding your daughter you must be so proud of her, she must of worked extremely hard. Where does she train? It would be lovely to meet new friends that share our daughters love of dance. It has given me so much information already just reading everyone's thoughts and questions, fabulous! I've just finished work so I am off to celebrate ?? . DD is with her father this weekend so I don't want to tell her over the phone, I will have to hold it in until Sunday ? X x

Edited by NicolaP17
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NicolaP17 said:

You are so kind, thank you I will. That's fantastic news regarding your daughter you must be so proud of her, she must of worked extremely hard. Where does she train? It would be lovely to meet new friends that share our daughters love of dance. It has given me so much information already just reading everyone's thoughts and questions, fabulous! I've just finished work so I am off to celebrate ?? . DD is with her father this weekend so I don't want to tell her over the phone, I will have to hold it in until Sunday ? X x

Shes a JA currently in Birmingham, so quite a way from you xxx 

All the mums ive met through JAs are such a very friendly bunch, You'll make some great friends too.... as a coffee and a chat while you wait certainly beats shopping every week (and is far kinder on your bank balance!) ?

I do not know how you are going to keep it in until Sunday!!  You'll be fit to burst but what a lovely welcome home it will be ?

• Like 1

So lovely to hear all the good news, well done to all the little ballerinas that have taken part, regardless of the result, they've all done so well, just taking part is a special experience.

Waiting for the results was the most nerve wracking thing I've done in a long time, dd has been placed on SWL for Bath & Birmingham, so pleased for her but have no idea on the chances of getting in on this so putting it at the back of my mind until next years auditions.

Good luck to all those waiting for last batch of results!  

Edited by MoreExcited
Spelling
  • Like 3

My Daughter has been offered a place in Totnes also, she will be a year 4 in September :-) Anyone else in the Year 5 class in

Totnes? Also does anyone have any idea what time on a Saturday the classes are likely to be? 

Thank you and well done to all your young dancers! :D

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Meglorien said:

Hello! Also new to the forum. We're eagerly awaiting the London results and reading through this thread I realised I'm not sure how the news are given out. Do they send us an email, or is it posted on their website?

Hi I'm also new to the forum. The waiting is horrible isn't it!! My DD has just been offered a place in JA and the results came be email. They seem to come in the afternoons up to around 6pm. Ours came through around 1:45 lunchtime and I was in complete shock. I think they send out the no's first then the yes's. Good luck to you and your DD and pls post to let us know if she got in xx

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Littlebear said:

Hi I'm also new to the forum. The waiting is horrible isn't it!! My DD has just been offered a place in JA and the results came be email. They seem to come in the afternoons up to around 6pm. Ours came through around 1:45 lunchtime and I was in complete shock. I think they send out the no's first then the yes's. Good luck to you and your DD and pls post to let us know if she got in xx

Oh, so the later I hear the better ;-) Thanks for letting me know. I just started wondering because people kept talking about the refresh button, so it could be like school results.

Congratulations on being offered a place for you DD. I will post when I hear. It's exciting it may be already next week, since the we were told to expect it only in early July. But yes, the wait is horrible. She's cool with it, going on with her things (her school has a performance coming up). Mummy on the other hand...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meglorien said:

Oh, so the later I hear the better ;-) Thanks for letting me know. I just started wondering because people kept talking about the refresh button, so it could be like school results.

Congratulations on being offered a place for you DD. I will post when I hear. It's exciting it may be already next week, since the we were told to expect it only in early July. But yes, the wait is horrible. She's cool with it, going on with her things (her school has a performance coming up). Mummy on the other hand...

Don't worry or over think the time. We had a yes at 1.45pm (although it took me an hour to Open the email) good luck to those waiting. X

• Like 3

Thinking of everybody during the torturous wait. I hope the children who received no's are ok and the yes's congratulations. 

We received a yes at about 10.30 in the morning 2 years ago so I think you can expect the results at anytime. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Balletmumleigh said:

My Daughter has been offered a place in Totnes also, she will be a year 4 in September :-) Anyone else in the Year 5 class in

Totnes? Also does anyone have any idea what time on a Saturday the classes are likely to be? 

Thank you and well done to all your young dancers! :D

Totnes year 4 and 5's are at 10 am. Well done to your DD

I don't think there is any set pattern to the time you might get the emails - we got a yes this year at 12:47 and a no last year at 6:09p.m - sending good luck vibes to all those still waiting and well dones to the yes's and a big well done to all that auditioned but got a no this time xxx

• Like 1

For Eastleigh last week it appeared that all the no emails came out first, followed by the waiting list and then the yes emails.  We had friends in each group of emails :)

Last yr we got London no emails just before 6 so perhaps it was the other way around to keep us guessing ;)  

• Like 1

Hi there, this is my first post here on balletcoforum!  Congratulations to all the 'yes's' and so sorry for the 'not yet's'. Good luck to those still waiting to hear!  My son has been offered a JA place at Bath, year 5.  I wonder if anyone happens to know what time the class is please?  Many thanks xx

Edited by LoveDance2
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, LoveDance2 said:

Hi there, this is my first post here on balletcoforum!  Congratulations to all the 'yes's' and so sorry for the 'not yet's'. Good luck to those still waiting to hear!  My son has been offered a JA place at Bath, year 5.  I wonder if anyone happens to know what time the class is please?  Many thanks xx

Congratulations. You'll get an email with info very soon, but it's likely to stay the same as it is this year and so it will be 10.15am - 12.30pm. The Bath JAs are very lucky as their teacher is simply wonderful! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jenesaisquoi said:

Congratulations. You'll get an email with info very soon, but it's likely to stay the same as it is this year and so it will be 10.15am - 12.30pm. The Bath JAs are very lucky as their teacher is simply wonderful! 

Am I right in assuming the year 6 class is afterwards? 

X

1 hour ago, xanthe said:

Nothing through yet.

Do they send normally send London out as a block or is it staggered? DD was the very last group to audition.

I have this question too, as my DD was also on the last day. Good luck everyone!