RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

10 minutes ago, Princessballerina said:

We have Elmhurst too on Sat, although I'm working again! 

Wasn't sure to wait to tell her or if it might make her more determined to do better ?

What are the Elmhurst classes like? Just ballet ? 

Are they being reviewed ? Do you think they will stay weekly ? 

We are waiting for Birmingham I'm expecting no but the waiting is awful x

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a yes for my DD in Manchester!

After a place on the waiting list last year, I'm so made up for her. Got to say, I'm a little bit shocked!!

So sorry to all the kids with a No ........but it might be Yes next year if you try again , just like we did. xx

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, Dancedancedancemom said:

Oh my the waiting is driving me mad! After 4 until how late though? And do they do some one day, some the next, etc?

It doesn't seem to follow a pattern, last year if I recall correctly, there was a gap then Birmingham and Eastleigh came, then another day or so then Bath and Totnes, with London another four days after that. Results can come through quite late in the day. Ours came at after 6pm last year! Hope this helps, it's not easy waiting is it? X

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, margarite said:

It doesn't seem to follow a pattern, last year if I recall correctly, there was a gap then Birmingham and Eastleigh came, then another day or so then Bath and Totnes, with London another four days after that. Results can come through quite late in the day. Ours came at after 6pm last year! Hope this helps, it's not easy waiting is it? X

Thank you that's really helpful, no the waiting is worse than the audition!! X

It's a yes for us for Manchester,  so shocked but so proud off DD - can't wait to pick her up from dance class to tell her and her teacher. So sorry for all of the no's, hope all the children are not too disappointed and try again next year - we got a no last year so know how disappointing it can be although the audition itself is a wonderful opportunity. Good luck to all still waiting ?? Xx

• Like 21

Congrats to all the yesses and commiserations to the nos. It's over a decade since I opened DD's first no letter but I remember the feeling and the dread of telling her. But kids are more resilient than you imagine, and there are many roads to Rome. (And indeed multiple alternative but equally attractive destinations to Rome...)

Just a slight word of caution to those thinking of delaying the news. The ballet world is a small place, and even more so nowadays with social media and so on. If you are going to save your news til later, you might want to think about the chances of your DCs hearing from another source that the results are out. A school friend from another dance school may make an announcement for instance, or the other children at the next audition could be discussing the results. If that happens you could be forced to reveal your hand at an even more inopportune moment. It's just worth a thought.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Dancey said:

It is a place on the short waiting list for my DD.  So proud of her but I guess that means that the waiting goes on :P

Well done - that's a great achievement considering the numbers auditioning! What centre did you audition at? X