RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dd would love her for mids! In fact it's a large reason why she wanted to audition  for mids as she's loved her so much and was quite gutted when I told her it was a different teacher!! 

I stand corrected ... just heard off a friend who's dd auditioned today that Miss F was in there watching the class line by line but the class was taught by a 'younger lady' this year, so perhaps Miss Murphy is doing it this year xxx either way it's going to be a lovely experience for them xx 

Miss Farrell is sat on the panel today, first 2 have had their audition and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. 2 more this afternoon and then the waiting begins, beginning of July! I'm praying that they will arrive mid June though like they have in previous years

Good luck to all the other DC auditioning, enjoy the experience and remember to smile, happy dancers are always the nicest to watch!

My dd also auditioned yesterday in Birmingham for yr 6 and enjoyed it. Came out with a smile on her face which is always a relief! She said one lady on the panel was smiling all the way through, even while writing notes :D
 Curious about the groupings - when we arrived the previous group had just finished, they looked slightly younger - yr 4/5s maybe? But then the group that arrived after us (for the 1.30 slot I guess) also looked younger but with a few bigger ones amongst them... Were they all auditioning for yr 6 places yesterday I wonder, or a mixture of 4,5,6...

I think the smiley lady was Miss Farrell, one of the dc who auditioned this morning recognised her from the JA experience day.

All the kids I have auditioning today are year 4, perhaps yesterday was a mix of 5&6? In previous years year 4 sept-dec birthdays have auditioned together and so on? I assumed the same would apply this year. 

10 minutes ago, Splitz17 said:

My dd also auditioned yesterday in Birmingham for yr 6 and enjoyed it. Came out with a smile on her face which is always a relief! She said one lady on the panel was smiling all the way through, even while writing notes :D
 Curious about the groupings - when we arrived the previous group had just finished, they looked slightly younger - yr 4/5s maybe? But then the group that arrived after us (for the 1.30 slot I guess) also looked younger but with a few bigger ones amongst them... Were they all auditioning for yr 6 places yesterday I wonder, or a mixture of 4,5,6...

I *think* because JA1 is a mixture of Yr 4/5's then there will naturally be more of the smaller ones than the yr 6's/JA2?? If that makes sense?? 

DS was in a boys audition so was all mixed up with all ages!! ?? xx

That's what I was thinking! Seems like an awful lot of kids to audition for I imagine only a handful of spaces....

So there are 2 groups - JA1 and JA2? I guess each year some stay in JA1, some move up to JA2 and some move on/leave, freeing up the spaces?

The problem with going along 'for the experience' is that dd now involuntarily has her heart set on it ... Hopefully it'll ease off over the next few weeks!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Splitz17 said:

That's what I was thinking! Seems like an awful lot of kids to audition for I imagine only a handful of spaces....

So there are 2 groups - JA1 and JA2? I guess each year some stay in JA1, some move up to JA2 and some move on/leave, freeing up the spaces?

The problem with going along 'for the experience' is that dd now involuntarily has her heart set on it ... Hopefully it'll ease off over the next few weeks!

From what I understand yr4/5 is a mixed class then yr 6 have their own class.  In Birmingham there are two JA classes, one 24 and one 32 sessions.  So actually there is a better chance to get a yr 6 space because there are more spaces available.  But then from 30 yr6 JA they go to 6 yr7 mids!!! So fingers crossed you never know, my dd joined in Yr6, she made WL finals and has now been offered a mids place xx

• Like 2

Am loving this thread, and the photo RBS posted!  Are the blue T-shirts the Primary Steps children? Little DS is getting excited about dancing with other boys in London. Hadn't imagined there'd be so many! Wow! RBS will be spoilt for choice (as they always are with girls)! 

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm new to the site and I've really enjoyed reading everyone's experiences. My dd age 8 auditioned yesterday (2.15pm) at Eastleigh and absolutely loved it. Was anyone else there? Incredible really that they have (I believe she said) 1300 applicants and so few places. 

We are heading to Tring for the classical ballet audition on the 28th may as I think it's all good experience. Good luck to all those waiting to hear (a long wait!) I look forward to hearing how everyone does. X

• Like 1

7 hours ago, newtothismum said:

We were at the Eastleigh 2.15pm yesterday!  My daughter also loved it.  The lady did say there were 1300 applicants this year!!

What a small world ! My daughter was number 86. 

• Like 1

Love reading everyone's experiences. Ours seems like it was an age ago. I do believe DS has almost forgotten about it and we're on holiday atm in Spain so plenty of distractions!

You'd think with so many applicants, they would take a few more but I guess that's what makes it more exclusive.

Onto Elmhurst for us in a few weeks and keeping everything crossed for you all! ? xx 

23 hours ago, Princessballerina said:

When did you hear about your Elmhurst Audition MrsMoo2? We still haven't had an email but we did send the form off late x

Had an e mail a few days ago hun. I'm glad we did though as I was starting to think they hadn't received it, or I'd sent the wrong photos or something...? They did say they were working through them. Prob means there's a million applicants or something! ?? xx

• Like 1