The Hammond School Centenary - performances of Giselle

Jan McNulty

Thanks to 2DancersMum for bringing to my attention that the Hammond School is performing Sir Peter Wright's Production of Giselle as part of its centenary celebrations.

The performances are on 11-13 May.

I would love to go but unfortunately it clashes with a trip to London.

If anyone is going I would love to hear about it.

Sketchy details here:  http://www.thehammondschool.co.uk/news-events/the-hammond-centenary/

Edited by Jan McNulty
Edited to correct dates of performance
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut68 said:

I think the dates are 11-13th May....wish I could go!

10 minutes ago, 2dancersmum said:

It is 11th to 13th May... wish I could make it too!

http://www.thehammondschool.co.uk/news-events/news/

Thanks for pointing out the correct dates, I must have been having a senior moment!  I've edited my post to correct the date.

Sadly I still can't go.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to Open Evening tonight and watched dress rehearsals of Giselle. Fabulous! Can't wait to watch on Saturday!!

There was great excitement yesterday also. Dd phoned last night to say at lunch yesterday Sir Peter Wright was sitting right behind her at lunch time!! Fabulous!

Edited by Dancing unicorn
  • Like 4

Watched Giselle last night with our DS ......... WOW !! Congratulations to all the Hammond students who performed brilliantly alongside the professionals & also to the staff at Hammond for staging such an amazing production. The standard of ballet training at the school

is fabulous. Well done to everyone ???????

• Like 3

Watched Giselle yesterday. Wow wow wow what a fabulous production. It was amazing!  We watched yesterday afternoon and cos helping in the evening got to see it again. All the students danced beautifully. Having professionals dance with the students, and a visit from Sir Peter Write in the week, certainly brought a buzz to the school.The costumes and set from ROH were stunning. Congratulations everyone at Hammond. This school continues to amaze us.

Roll on Summer Production - can't wait.

• Like 2

Well, after DD saying how wonderful it was & "Mummy, you'd love it" after watching with school on Fri afternoon......So at midnight I sorted  cheapie Liverpool Airport Hotel deal (credit card points come in handy!) & booked tickets for Giselle.....& earned the wrath of husband.....& less than 12 hours later was in car going up to surprise DD to watch! Wow, so so glad I did! Was really impressed with the whole production & especially at how strong the ballet technique & discipline of the Corps de Ballet was plus the acting skills of all the leads.....There were only 2 pros (ENB dancers this night...thanks to them & ENB....must have been really inspiring & a great education to dance alongside them) with rest of cast all students (well plus scene stealing science teacher & oh so good Labrador dog!) so bravo! I think Hammond upper school can hold it's head high alongside all the other ballet focused upper schools!

• Like 5

I really enjoyed this yesterday. Was particularly impressed with the corp's performance.

I saw the German company professionals (the woman trained at Hammond LS) - they put everything into the performance. Sorry no names to hand but both were light as a feather and the Brazilian male dancer had amazing facial expression. 

Well done Hammond all round.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

with rest of cast all students (well plus scene stealing science teacher & oh so good Labrador dog!) so bravo! I think Hammond upper school can hold it's head high alongside all the other ballet focused upper schools!

According to dd his costume was no different to what he wears every day at school! 

• Like 3