Given that the current tour is a mirror of last year if you want to see Brandon Lawrence, Tyrone Singleton and Delia Lawrence go for the South tour.

The north tour is more likely to be Jenna Roberts, Joe Cayley and Mathis Dingman.  

As far as I am aware nothing more detailed has been promulgated.

Edited by Two Pigeons

I hope so.  I love all three, Brandon, Delia and Tyrone.  I do wonder at the late casting announcements of the BRB, though. Does anyone know why they do this?  It always leaves me booking very late, and if lots of people do this, it can't be very good for business.  I do love all the BRB dancers, but like everyone, I cannot but help having my favourites (who are probably quite different from other people's). Dancers are not interchangeable.

Edited by cavycapers
  • Like 1

The policy on casting seemed to change after David Bintley became AD.  I think it is because he believes people should come to see the company rather than "star" dancers.

Also with midscale, I think that dancers can get switched very late on to cover for injuries and suchlike on the other half of the tour.  I think it was last year that Mathias Dingman was up and down the country like a yoyo.

I would guess, given some of the publicity for Arcadia that TP is likely to be correct in what she has posted.

• Like 1

This is one of my regular beefs about BRB and it is now compounded by having a first night subscription and it seems likely that we will get the same couple most of the time.   Much as i can admire Momoko Hirata as there is nothing she cannot do I find her uninvolving and not very musical.  By the time the casting is released and I know when the dancers I particularly enjoy are scheduled all the seats that are worth having have gone.

At least with the mid scale tour you get to see a spread of dancers so there is something for everyone.

• Like 1

I think David Bintley has the wrong idea about not announcing casting far in advance of performances. The general public are going to book for a date that suits them regardless of cast so I don't think when the casts are announced will affect bookings there. However I for one, and I think I speak for a lot of people here, am likely to book more performances in advance if I know the cast (we all know we risk the cast being changed for various reasons). The regular audience is actually being penalised by this policy, because as Two Pigeons points out all the good seats have gone by the time the cast is announced.

• Like 5

If there are many people, like me, waiting for the cast announcements before booking, our seats are not showing up as sold, although they will be, and therefore that might discourage members of the general public from booking, because the theatre looks so empty.

• Like 1