Junior boys doing ballet

Mumofthree

In Ikea at the weekend, I turned round and my 10 year old DS had a plastic carnation in his teeth dancing a flamenco! 😂

It was super super busy too! Then another time he started dancing at a Christmas lights switch on and a little group of people formed round him thinking he was the entertainment!! 😂😂😂 I love our dancing boys...xxx

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this on FB. Thought I would post in under a couple of different headings as they are looking for boys. Makes a change 😉.

AUDITION NOTICE: We're looking for talented boys to join us on stage in our brand new production of #BRBNutcracker at the Royal Albert Hall this Christmas with auditions being held in London this weekend. 

Applicants must be in school years 5, 6 or 7 (from September 2017). The maximum height for boys taking part is 142cm and ideally, we're looking for boys who enjoy dancing and love to perform. Previous ballet experience is an advantage, but not necessary.

Interested? Please email Katie in our education team by 5pm on Friday 6th October ( KatieMann@brb.org.uk) for further details.

US  article  though and the US   secondary school  system is reportedly much more polarised , plus the US does seem to have a  rather  schizoid   attitude towards sexuality matter  in general.  

12 hours ago, alison said:

Ironically, despite the author stating that about half of boys/men doing ballet are straight, the article seems to concentrate very much on the ones who aren't.

Yes, I thought exactly the same thing.  

• Like 1

I think their point was that it doesn't help the ones who *are* gay to emphasise that you don't have to be gay. Also, there's a point of principle involved about not making excuses. That said, I can't imagine "Well, yes, it's kind of gay but there's nothing wrong with that" going over terribly well in the playground as a matter of day-to-day tactics.

It also reminds me of something I recently read about all those programmes to encourage girls to program computers - there's research suggesting it's actively counterproductive, because it calls attention to the stereotype.

• Like 2