Youth America Grand Prix 2017

The results are here:

http://yagp.org/?page_id=6637

In the seniors Jan Spunda (Czech Republic) who studies at the ENB School achieved 3rd place  and the Outstanding Artistry Award.

Lazaro Corrales (brother of Cesar) was second in the junior age division.

Many congratulations!

The Grand Prix was not awarded this year.  Last year, this was won by Joonhuk Jun (South Korea) of the RBS who now has an Aud Jebsen contract with the RB for 2017/18.

Interestingly, two other successful candidates from 2016 are now at the RBS: Makensie Henson (Australia) and Yu Hang (China) who has featured featured in Concerto in the schools gala in Paris.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

As usual these competitions are won by , unemployable dancers with great technique but  wrong proportion or too small to employ .

The judges have a huge dilemma as they have to give points on technique,and some of the winners were really not what directors were looking for .

the Gala was amazing :

Legris .Guerin

laccara ,Dino

I think miss Rojo is a good dancer but please be musical you spoil pas de deux by balancing for ever and turning too many pirouettes, 

Well, I don't know much about YAGP but the Prix de Lausanne's roster of prize winners is a roll call of soloist and principal dancers in companies around the world so clearly the judges in that competition are awarding prizes to dancers who are very much employable. Is YAGP any different in this respect?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aileen said:

Well, I don't know much about YAGP but the Prix de Lausanne's roster of prize winners is a roll call of soloist and principal dancers in companies around the world so clearly the judges in that competition are awarding prizes to dancers who are very much employable. Is YAGP any different in this respect?

I'm pretty sure Sergei Polunin was a winner while at the RBS.  I think it would have been in 2006, the year he also won the Prix de Lausanne.  Melissa Hamilton also won the YAGP just before she joined the Royal Ballet (2007?)

edit: I've just done a search and discovered that Kimin Kim (of the Mariinsky) is also a former winner.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2