Crystal Pite: Betroffenheit, London, April 2017

Ironic when you think how poorly it sold last year.  What a difference a year makes (and a few awards?).

Edit: actually possibly not *that* poorly sold, but I remember being able to move forward a few rows in the Second Circle without problems.

I saw quite a few RB and ENB dancers who were there last night say on FB that they were totally blown away by this piece.  For those of us who missed it, apparently there is hope:  the BBC was there filming and will apparently be broadcasting it at some point in the future.  And yes, tonight is sold out. 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2017 at 16:35, Sim said:

For those of us who missed it, apparently there is hope:  the BBC was there filming and will apparently be broadcasting it at some point in the future. 

From the review in The Arts Desk: " Betroffenheit is on at Sadler's Wells until 12 April. It will be screened on BBC Four, date as yet unconfirmed "

• Like 1

• John Mallinson changed the title to Crystal Pite: Betroffenheit, London, April 2017
  • 4 weeks later...

I've finally taken the time to see this on iPlayer (to anyone still on the fence, it's available there for 11 more days). Wow. The mix of theatrical raw emotion, dance and the layering of sound effects, music and voice is just mesmerising. I've never seen anything quite like it, but it makes me think of the best aspects of David Lynch; dark, dreamlike, emotional and visceral.

I decided against going to see this in Sadlers Wells earlier in the year, but am really regretting it now. I don't know how common it is for SW to put on a show several years running, but I really hope it comes back next year (hopefully for more than just 2 days)...

Edited by petperj
  • Like 2