livestreaming dances

ivyvaine23

I know this is a topic that's not quite familiar within the dance circle, but I've heard from friends there's the possibility to livestream your own performances? I know that this is a quite common thing in the gaming community (which I'm not a part of, but some of my friends are) and this actually sounds quite interesting. I've never given much thought to it, as I thought that maybe there's too much of a tutorial vibe that comes with it, but what do you think? I've personally never heard of such a possibility, 

Technically, at an entry level, Instagram/Facebook can stream live. Reasonably high-end phone cameras are adequate if you have decent lighting and a stable base of some sort - a cheap tripod and a tripod adaptor should do it. Of course you need a decent connection - the studio we spend most of our time in appears to be a faraday cage, blocking all communications with the outside world. 

I've asked my friends about this whole livestreaming thing and they told me somehting about a website called picarto.tv, which is a website for creative live streaming. They offer all kinds of creative stuff and dancing seems to be a part of it, too. What really fascinated me about this was the fact that it's actually possible to interact with the person streaming. I've never given the idea too much thought but this does sound kind of interesting. 

I know a martial arts teacher in Manchester who has totally rigged his studio with cameras. He sometimes live streams his lessons over the internet.

I must say that it doesn't always work well. I'm guessing that you need to spend quite a lot on equipment and services to get the right upload speeds to make the process smooth and seamless. I think he's some way off achieving this at the moment.

• Like 1

I know a martial arts teacher in Manchester who has totally rigged his studio with cameras. He sometimes live streams his lessons over the internet.

I must say that it doesn't always work well. I'm guessing that you need to spend quite a lot on equipment and services to get the right upload speeds to make the process smooth and seamless. I think he's some way off achieving this at the moment.

that's cool! Never heard of that possibility before either. It's amazing what the internet can do nowadays!