The latest torture device?

trog

No no and no again! If you want a passive stretch for your foot you're better off using your hands as you can 'escape' it quickly. These devices are so bad for many reasons including compression of the achilles tendon, passive overstretching ligaments in the foot and ankle = decreased strength and stability.

There's no such thing as a shortcut - work hard, build strength and train effectively.

• Like 6

There's no such thing as a shortcut - work hard, build strength and train effectively.

I agree! I wasn't thinking about getting one - a hand stretch is more than enough. I'm doing a fair bit of that today, as I've got a bit of cramp in my right foot from probably from overdoing it in the gym last night. I like the old Playboy Bunny trick too - roll your foot across a bottle.

• Like 1

No no and no again! If you want a passive stretch for your foot you're better off using your hands as you can 'escape' it quickly. These devices are so bad for many reasons including compression of the achilles tendon, passive overstretching ligaments in the foot and ankle = decreased strength and stability.

Don't crush your feet...work your feet... quality ballet coaching and teaching will emphasise footwork as a part of barre and centre practise.

• Like 2

My dd has one (it was a surprise birthday gift from a family friend) and not something we would have gone and purchased

The one she has is pink and fluffy and quite cushioned inside. She says she likes it. She used to stretch with her hands but now she has her hands free for Snapchat/Instagram!!!

She's pretty gentle and knows not to sickle but it's interesting the amount of people who ask to have a go who then sickle

:)

Ah right.....!!??

I looked on YouTube and saw fish flop which is a back roll over one shoulder onto tummy. Couldn't work out where toes may come in. I have seen dances where they seem to come up from floor on backs of toes which looks very dangerous. ....

Edited by sarahw

What is a flop?

A flop it's a failure, a heavy one. When you are sure to win and you didn't. 

This is an English word who is very used in Italy, especially in the show business. ;)

Edited by vmmom

Hello friends!

My name is Mike Garcia and I work for the company Ballet Foot Stretch (www.footstretch.com). We have been watching the activity of the forum for a few days and we have noted a lot of interest and questions and a few disagreements about our product. This is most probably due to a lack of information, and also probably due to plastic or wooden copies or imitations, to the extent of illegal plaggiarizing of texts, instructions, and promotion material (pictures),e.g. from China.

Ballet Foot Stretch is an original product, studied, invented and created more than 15 years ago, patented in the US, manufactured in Europe, designed especially for dancers as an alternative method and tool to help improve their feet and flexibility. And we can say that today, it is already being recognized as an effective and safe method internationally by dance students and professionals.

Why do we say that Ballet Foot Stretch is safe to use? Due to its special design, the Ballet Foot Stretch not only stretches, but also protects the ankle joint upon stretching, helping to reduce overload on the posterior ankle joint area ( the tibia, talus or astragalus, and calcaneous bones compressed) during plantar flexion, as compared to other foot stretching devices.

Upon placing the foot on the device and carefully stretching the leg and pressing the front part of the foot downwards with the elastic, a double upward counterforce with the 2 high-arched supporting curves is produced acting as a "bridge support” for both foot arch and ankle, distributing pressure more evenly throughout the posterior part of the lower leg, reducing overload, and preventing posterior impingement (*) on the heel zone (tibia-astragalus-calcaneus zone).

ballet-foot-stretch-health-blog-2.jpg_f1

Ballet Foot Stretch believes and advices that it is necessary to know more deeply the virtues of the product and not to be confused with other imitations that may damage the feet of the dancers. Ballet Foot Stretch in fact was created with the intention to provide a safe but also effective footstretching method and tool alternative for dancers and gymnasts who desire to improve more their feet.

If anyone has more questions, I will try to respond as quickly as possible. You can also find more thorough information in our blog.

Thank you very much!

Mike Garcia
Ballet Foot Stretch
www.footstretch.com 

Edited by mgarcia_bfs