Popping up everywhere

taxi4ballet

I only know of one other person on here who also uses The Student Room. Saw their username a few weeks ago for the first time. But they are the only two Forums I go on. [ I've been given a bit of a "wise older aunt" status on there, as I'm always giving advice to someone encountering some sort of a problem.] The vast majority of people seem to appreciate the advice I give them. It's not that i'm vastly experienced with relationships or anything; quite the opposite. Just that at 49 years of age I am able to look at a situation and [hopefully] give some sort of constructive advice when they don't feel able to speak about it to family members. Edit. If you're all wondering what I'm doing on a student forum, I joined it about two years ago to garner information and advice for my son, who is still a student. Found out lots of invaluable things about applying for university and filling in personal statements etc we wouldn't have known otherwise.

Edited by Lisa O`Brien
  • Like 2

I'm on several forums under different names - it's related to the email used to register with the forum, so work forums, were I use my work email address have a id that is not in anyway related to Trog (my official nickname). I can't say that I've ever recognised anybody across forums, and AFAIK I've never been identified either.

Strangely, I have been recognised twice in the physical world from my postings on the original ballet.co forum. Once walking near the Birmingham Hippodrome andthe other in the foyer of the Lowry. We didn't have avatars on the previous forum but somehow the people still knew it was me.

• Like 1

I only know of one other person on here who also uses The Student Room. Saw their username a few weeks ago for the first time. But they are the only two Forums I go on. [ I've been given a bit of a "wise older aunt" status on there, as I'm always giving advice to someone encountering some sort of a problem.] The vast majority of people seem to appreciate the advice I give them. It's not that i'm vastly experienced with relationships or anything; quite the opposite. Just that at 49 years of age I am able to look at a situation and [hopefully] give some sort of constructive advice when they don't feel able to speak about it to family members. Edit. If you're all wondering what I'm doing on a student forum, I joined it about two years ago to garner information and advice for my son, who is still a student. Found out lots of invaluable things about applying for university and filling in personal statements etc we wouldn't have known otherwise.

you may  know of  another  unless  you spotted  my posting  style on TSR  under my old nick and profession ... 

TSR  is a  interestign place and i think it's  utility is increased by the parents and  graduates who joined as applicants / students  and stayed.

• Like 1

I'm on several forums under different names - it's related to the email used to register with the forum, so work forums, were I use my work email address have a id that is not in anyway related to Trog (my official nickname). I can't say that I've ever recognised anybody across forums, and AFAIK I've never been identified either.

Strangely, I have been recognised twice in the physical world from my postings on the original ballet.co forum. Once walking near the Birmingham Hippodrome andthe other in the foyer of the Lowry. We didn't have avatars on the previous forum but somehow the people still knew it was me.

Maybe your previous hairstyle?

• Like 1