Duchy Ballet's The Sleeping Beauty

I drove nearly 400 miles to Truro yesterday to see Duchy Ballet perform The Sleeping Beauty in the Hall for Cornwall last night and they were well worth the trek.

The lead roles were danced by Laura Bosenberg and Tom Thorne from Cape Town City Ballet, one of the oldest companies in the Commonwealth, and as far as I know this was their only appearance in the UK. The other roles were danced by the companies members who are mainly children and young adults. There were some very promising dancers in the cast - Matthew Phillips who was Bluebird, the young woman who danced the lilac fairy (I think it was Alambama Seymour from the photo in the programme), Jasmine Allen, the white cat. I could go on but I have to get back to Holmfirth tonight.

Congratulations to the choreographer, Terence Etheridge who also danced Carabosse in a very Helpmassesque way and to the artistic director, Kay Jones. The company won a standing ovation for their show.   Need I say more?   I have written a longer review in Terpsichore.