• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Springbourne3 said:

The company are up to their last Brisbane tour performance of the season now - so hopefully all promotions will be revealed imminently.....there maybe some surprises I think...

I hope that you are thinking in terms of nice surprises, Springbourne3 :D ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Springbourne3 said:

The company are up to their last Brisbane tour performance of the season now - so hopefully all promotions will be revealed imminently.....there maybe some surprises I think...

Fingers crossed...I hope it will be announced this coming Monday. Many companies have already made their announcement; the Royal Ballet is making us wait far too long.

• Like 4

I think the RB is just about the last of the major companies worldwide to announce the information....which usually comes at the end of a company's season.

I agree, it's way too long....but on the positive side, it just goes to show what a hard-working company it is as their season lasts so long!  They perform constantly from the end of September until July, with just one week's holiday that whole time.  We are so very lucky.  

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Yaffa said:

Apart from the pay levels, what are the other contractual differences between the RB ranks?

I know that first soloists, unlike soloists, don't dance any corps roles, so would only be 'four friends' rather than the group of 8 friends, for example, or literally solo roles (or with a partner). Don't know about the chaps, but assume its something similar. Don't think there are any differences between the artist levels, and between artist and soloist, think the soloists just get cast in better roles. Don't think the principals do any group roles at all, unless with other principals if the choreography dictates.

Thats my take on it anyway, but if someone has a more definitive answer would love to hear it

18 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Not a promotion but it appears (from T Dyer's Instagram) that Hristov is leaving RB. An elegant dancer who will be missed.

Yes, there was announcement a while ago that he was joining the staff of the Royal Ballet School.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, capybara said:

Yes, there was announcement a while ago that he was joining the staff of the Royal Ballet School.

DS did RBS US SS a couple of years ago and thought that Hristov was a great teacher.

• Like 6