• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As it happened saw this on Monday night as a lovely young dancer who attends one of the classes I do regularly was dancing the main role of Lise for the first time .....and very wonderful she was too!! QuIte a feat for a dancer to sing and keep up a French accent throughout!! I really enjoyed the whole thing But It's a very balletic musical so right up my street. I also liked Ashley Day who played Jerry a very vibrant dancer and personality but all the people in the main roles were really strong and believable.

it is a shame it's stopping in January but the Dominion Theatre is a HUGE space to fill every night.

In the light of this earlier closing date I do hope the young lady above gets some more chances to dance Lise as she was a sheer delight in this role on Monday night.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just back from what will have been one of the final performances of the London run, with the Cope/Day leading cast.  Thoroughly enjoyable and I found the recasting of the story very satisfying.  The decision to finish next Saturday may be justified - there were gaps in the stalls tonight.

Anyone heard what Leanne Cope is doing next?  

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, alison said:

It's tomorrow, Ian!  Tonight's An American in Paris :)

And a very fine screening it was too! Does anyone know what either Robert Fairchild or Leanne Cope is doing now? They were both magnificent in this, and it was a joy to have a chance to see it again.

• Like 2

On 16/05/2018 at 23:06, daisydance said:

And a very fine screening it was too! Does anyone know what either Robert Fairchild or Leanne Cope is doing now? They were both magnificent in this, and it was a joy to have a chance to see it again.

Interview with Leanne Cope:  https://www.limelightmagazine.com.au/features/an-american-in-paris-leanne-copes-extraordinary-journey-from-corps-to-broadway/

• Like 2