"Taking the next step" competition

Happymum

To ease the stress of ballet school auditions my DS and I decided for him to take part in this CBBC competition. For a change he entered as a street dancer - not a single ballet step in the dance routine he submitted :-)

Anybody else is taking part this year? Any feedback from those who took part last year? I do recall reading about it on the forum but I couldn't find it.

Dd did it last year and got through to auditions. Was great fun but they seemed to want a bit more on the acting and drama side than we estimated. Will be uploading a video in next few days :)

Do they give children some acting tasks straight away during the first audition? Or is a bit of a "drama" in children private life (or an interesting story behind the scene) an advantage?

My DS just want to dance and meet the TNS dancers :-)

My daughter was lucky enough to get an audition last time , the video she sent in contained some ballet and modern dance to show her versatility, We got a phone call 3weeks later and was invited to the Cardiff audition , they send you prior to that a list of songs to choose from you pick your favourite three then they let you know which one has been chosen , once you have your song you let them know where you want it starting and finishing then they cut it for you and they have it ready at audition for you ,it's a minute long .

My daughter really enjoyed the audition process as did I , was great to see how these programmes are put together , the whole day was filmed.

My daughter was 2nd to last to dance that day there was about 135 there at audition.

You have to get three yeses to get to next round of auditions , my daughter got two out of three so sadly didn't get any further but what an amazing day we had , everyone so friendly and supportive of each other .Do agree though with what someone else has said though regards acting and performance , thats what they appeared to be looking for but didn't know that at the time .

Even though my daughter was not chosen to go through to next round she did appear each week on the open credits (she was the girl in a blue tutu ) so that was a bonus for her in her eyes .

Good luck tonall who apply , we had a great experience

• Like 3

Thank you Meltutu! It's Great to hear all the details of how it's organised. 135 is a lot of children! But I think I've heard that around 1300 applied online so well done to your DD for getting through to first round and getting 2 "yeses" - sounds like a fantastic experience!

Thank you Meltutu! It's Great to hear all the details of how it's organised. 135 is a lot of children! But I think I've heard that around 1300 applied online so well done to your DD for getting through to first round and getting 2 "yeses" - sounds like a fantastic experience!

Yes happy mum over 1300 applied , and they auditioned around 500 I heard. Well organised, someone phoned from the cbbc and spoke to my daughter herself and asked her some questions about herself ect bit like a mini interview, think it was to see how they came across . Best of luck to your ds if they apply .

• 1 month later...