London Junior Ballet assessments

Blahblah

Can anyone tell me anything about these? My daughter is in junior foundation. I am wondering whether she is likely to be moved up a level (she needs a new leotard which I am reluctant to buy if it will only be for one term). Also, what do parents receive and do they get told straight after the assessments in a few weeks or are they made to wait until the end of the summer term? Thanks

It's was a few years ago now but when my dd did assessments at LJB there were guest teachers watching normal classes and we received a written assessment which was scored a week or so later... Very positive and lovely to read Hope this helps? I think movement in the groups depends on age, ability and new intake.

C4D

Edited by charlie4dancin
  • Like 1

It may have changed because of new teachers but it use to be all about bodies if your child's body is ready for the move then she will move up in September. But often children are with the school for 7 / 8 years and therefore there will be levels that they stay 2 years in. tell her not to worry and enjoy her assessment there's nothing more powerful at LJSB than a dancer that has I love to dance shining out of her eyes ( and his ). It's not a race.

Don't buy the leotard yet, as dancers have two lessons to sort out their uniform in September and if you do get it before you break up for the summer don't let her wear it until you know.

You receive a report and the students are normally marked out of 10 on different parts of the assessment including appearance so clean shoes waiste elastic, to fit and not a hair out of place so that's one 10/10 guaranteed.

Assessments at LJSB lay the foundation for future auditions, you child is in safe hands, huge Congratulations to you and you child for getting in to such a healthy happy associate class. It's hard work at LJSB but it's worth it

Hope this helps