Three cheers for the lovely ROH staff

amos73

ROH general loveliness update -

I emailed customer service to pass on our thanks to the staff there for being so kind and helpful last week and got an email back yesterday saying they would like to offer us tickets to another ballet as poor DD missed out! They are checking what is available as it is near the end of the season and will get back to me with options.

Seriously, how nice are they there??

Wonderful news. :) I was also wondering if your local cinema is live streaming SB on Tuesday 28th? Not quite the same as being there in person but might be nice.

• Like 2

ROH general loveliness update -

I emailed customer service to pass on our thanks to the staff there for being so kind and helpful last week and got an email back yesterday saying they would like to offer us tickets to another ballet as poor DD missed out! They are checking what is available as it is near the end of the season and will get back to me with options.

Seriously, how nice are they there??

I would have been surprised if they hadn't offered you tickets Amos, their customer care is second to none. Hope DD's migraine is a one off.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE - ROH customer service have been in touch, and a very nice man called Graham has arranged two tickets for DD and I to see Jewels opening night on 1 April!

What a nice ending to a sorry tale.

Lovely news! :) Jewels has such beautiful costumes. Has your dd had any more migraines?

• Like 4

Wow, now that is what I call a happy ending.   :)

Ps  Just to add to the many helpful comments. My son also suffers from migraines.(13yrs old)  No known triggers etc. However, I did ask my GP the mechanics of a migraine (what is happening inside the head etc).  The pre migraine symptoms are as a result of the blood vessels constricting and then when the full migraine kicks in with the headache it is caused by the dilation of the blood vessels and the increased pressure in the head.  With this knowledge I found it helped me as a mother I had a greater understanding of how he felt and how I could care for my son. Ibuprofen when symptoms start and hydration, sleep (if possible) and if the headache kicks in then apply ice pack or chilled wet flannel to forehead and/or back of neck can reverse or slow down the dilation of the blood vessels.  Thus at least reducing the intensity. It certainly doesn't cure a migraine but can go someway to relieve the symptoms slightly. The flannel/icepack is a useful tip to have especially if you are caught out away from home or even when your child is at school and ends up in sickbay. 

• Like 4

Thanks Balletbean, those are very useful tips.

DD hasn't had another migraine since, hoping they will be isolated incidences!

Fingers crossed for you, as a parent we all feel so helpless. At least a grazed knee we can stick a plaster on it and kiss it all better. Migraines aren't so easy. 

Hope you enjoy the extra show. :)

• Like 4

Wow, I'm so impressed with the way ROH have dealt with this. I hope you and DD will enjoy jewels.

I had my first migraine at 11 but my second wasn't until many years later when my oldest daughter was 5 months. I got them fairly frequently after that but they seem to have tailed off again now (I hope!)

I hope it turns out to be an isolated incident for your DD.

• Like 3