Tips on improving posture & tracking?

Balletmumof2

I think it's to do with alignment through parallel. Whenever my DD has seen the dance physio she has asked her to stand in parallel with her feet shoulder width apart and then got her to bend her knees. She then checks that her knees when bent don't turn in and her thighs, knees and shins aare in line over her ankles and feet.

This is my understanding, I may be wrong though.

Alignment can be distorted after injury so muscles need to be rebuilt. Poor alignment can also contribute to repeated injury.

I'm sure Dr Dance or could explain it fully, may be worth dropping her a pm.

• Like 1

I think it's to do with alignment through parallel. Whenever my DD has seen the dance physio she has asked her to stand in parallel with her feet shoulder width apart and then got her to bend her knees. She then checks that her knees when bent don't turn in and her thighs, knees and shins aare in line over her ankles and feet.

This is my understanding, I may be wrong though.

Alignment can be distorted after injury so muscles need to be rebuilt. Poor alignment can also contribute to repeated injury.

I'm sure Dr Dance or could explain it fully, may be worth dropping her a pm.

Thank you. Asked DDs regular dance teacher who thought it meant to keep posture whilst moving as well as when stood. My DD did say something about keeping the knee in line with the toe and that it may be to do with that. I shall ask Dr Dance!