Hammond Associates Audition 18/02

MrsMoo2

Hiya! Just wondering if anyone else is going to the Hammond Associates Audition next weekend??

My DS is auditioning. He's 9, nearly 10 and getting a bit nervous. I've told him it's just a class and wondered what your tips were for pre audition nerves?

Look forward to maybe seeing some of you there...S xx

My 9 year old DD is going. I think being with new people and a new place can worry them but hopefully they will relax and enjoy it. We are going 1.30-2.15pm audition. Is everyone the same time? It did make me giggle that they need to bring a towel. I'm not sure she will need one but its nice to make the effort :)

Yes, we did giggle about that! I've sold it as a ballet workshop and a chance for him to look at them and them to meet him. Said it will be lots of fun and nice to meet new people. Maybe even more boys! He did a workshop last year with BRB in Manchester and really enjoyed it.

Have you any idea how many they audition? I noticed on their site the other day they had closed to applications.

Keep a look out for us, DS is blonde, and I'm guessing one of a handful of boys. Going to try not to mention it too much this week, and hope he won't stress too much. S xx

• Like 1

Hope you make it tattielashes! We live in Chester but in a ballet class till 12.15. I'm sure they will wait for us as they'll be no one in their audition otherwise! ???? I've no idea how many they audition but they closed to applications pretty quick so here's hoping it's not too many! ???????????????? xx

My 9 year old DD is going. I think being with new people and a new place can worry them but hopefully they will relax and enjoy it. We are going 1.30-2.15pm audition. Is everyone the same time? It did make me giggle that they need to bring a towel. I'm not sure she will need one but its nice to make the effort :)

I would guess perhaps that the towel may be to lie on for floorwork/pilates type exercises as not everyone would have a gym/pilates mat.

• Like 2

Good luck to all those auditioning. Remember when my DD auditioned for associates, I was so nervous! She got offered a year 7 full time place, which we didn't take up, but she's now in her graduate year there. Love that place so much. Lots of happy memories for me as her Mum. Enjoy your day! xx

• Like 2

Hope everyone enjoyed the experience. Obviously have no idea how it went. Sammi said they asked him to do some complicated stuff but no idea what he is going on about. Said about 5 of them were stretched. Think he said there were 6 boys and 19 girls in the first group and 20 girls in the second group. (He counted when we were signing in on the sheets!!)

Our teacher said she *thought* there would be about 10 places in total. Nice to see everyone chatting and sharing in the experience. No scary dance Moms around I don't think!

Look forward to hearing how we all get on. Anyone at RBS in Manchester 3rd May??

S xx

• Like 1

Booooo, it's a no...???? Not sure what they were after, he's obviously not polished, he's 9, but as far as commitment goes, they won't find another like him.

Then they had the cheek to retweet his picture! Be removing that for copyright purposes...????????

S xx

Congratulations tattielashes and commiserations Mrs moo2, they might just not have many/any places available for your little ones age. Try again next year he is only 9. Are you allowed to ring for feedback? Have you applied for any other schemes? There is still Royal, Elmhurst, Moorlands, midas this year. All looking for something different.

He has an RBS ass audition in May, so focus on that one now.

I've got the details of the manager of the associates programme but don't want to get a bad reputation by hassling them for feedback (Might go back next year!) I guess it would be useful though! Will sleep on it...???????? Haven't actually heard a yes for any kids from our school yet...???? xx

Awww, made up for you, I'm still wondering what they were after this morning! ????????

Turns out 1 out of 4 we knew who auditioned for it got through, and she's older, 14?

I guess we'll never know, but we are attending a class in a few weeks with the teacher who did the audition, so might become clearer...????????????