Hammond school 6th form information

meltutu

Hi im new to the forums

Just wondered if anyone already has a daughter/son already attending 6th form at Hammond who could help with some of my questions.My daughter has been offered a place in the 3yr diploma MT/Danve course

She will be going to the dada funding later in the year .We did an outreach audition so not visited the school as yet but I have done a lot of research but just wanted a parents /child's point of view

My questions are

How much extra cost a year roughly would we expect to pay for extras like trips / exams ect

Was it easy to find accommodation and roughly how much it could Costs a mnth (my daughter 16yrs old so would need to be homestay /landlady)

These things will help me setting aside a budget for extra expenses

Any other information you think as a parent I would need to know prior to hopefully her starting would be great too , as I'm a new parent adventuring into this dancing world ,

Congratulations to your DD. Mine went there aged 16 and was very happy, graduating a few years ago now.

When my DD was there it was perhaps 2-3 trips a year, each one below £30. You might get another associated with A levels if your DD chooses to do any.

Exams - RAD and ISTD - cost as per the exam board.

Accommodation - we found somewhere off the list the school gave us quite quickly. Quite stressful though. Landladies usually offer breakfast and evening meal and do the laundry.

Other things to budget for are uniform and health insurance.

Hope this helps

Hi Meltutu, my DD is currently in her graduate year there, 2dancersmum has covered the extra costs really but if I can help with anything else, just ask. My DD is in her own flat which worked out cheaper but she was 18 when starting so a bit different. As well as health insurance, we've had extra costs for physio/chiro treatment once the level covered by insurance was exhausted. Currently spending £40-£80 per week for treatment but hopefully not long term. Just extra costs like that are worth bearing in mind. x

Congratulations to your DD. Mine went there aged 16 and was very happy, graduating a few years ago now.

When my DD was there it was perhaps 2-3 trips a year, each one below £30. You might get another associated with A levels if your DD chooses to do any.

Exams - RAD and ISTD - cost as per the exam board.

Accommodation - we found somewhere off the list the school gave us quite quickly. Quite stressful though. Landladies usually offer breakfast and evening meal and do the laundry.

Other things to budget for are uniform and health insurance.

Hope this helps

Thank you it certainly does , it's been a stressful few weeks as she has had 3 offers of a place and has been really difficult choosing where to train as she has enjoyed all 3 places where she has auditioned but Hammond offers her the Alevels which she would like to do , so this is her first choice x

• Like 1

Hi Meltutu, my DD is currently in her graduate year there, 2dancersmum has covered the extra costs really but if I can help with anything else, just ask. My DD is in her own flat which worked out cheaper but she was 18 when starting so a bit different. As well as health insurance, we've had extra costs for physio/chiro treatment once the level covered by insurance was exhausted. Currently spending £40-£80 per week for treatment but hopefully not long term. Just extra costs like that are worth bearing in mind. x