Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch: Masurca Fogo, London, February 2017

Foteini Christofilopoulou was at the rehearsal for Masurca Fogo, by Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch, at Sadlers Wells, February 2017.

32423314930_9ae6a30540_z.jpg
Silvia Farias-Heredia
© Foteini Christofilopoulou.
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

32803637875_d238bd5b93_z.jpg
Julie Shanahan, Daphnis Kokkinos
© Foteini Christofilopoulou.

See more...
Set from DanceTabs: Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch: Masurca Fogo

• Like 4

And as you might infer from balloons and burning cigarettes, there is a fair amount of popping going on.

I thought this one took a little while to get going, but left with the usual 'Isn't Pina Bausch's brain delightful' smile. There is something about her (non) story telling that allows me to just go with the flow, enjoying each vignette for its own sake without trying to piece it all together. It's oddly relaxing.

• Like 1

I saw this years ago and absolutely loved it, for the reasons so well described by Coated and also because it was just so completely joyous. I hesitated about going again this time because it was such a wonderful experience and I was afraid it might not be repeated and that would marr the memory (yes, daft I know). By the time I did decide I wanted to go it was sold out. :(  But, I DO still have the memory! And thanks (again) for posting the great photos, zxDaveM.

Edited by bridiem
  • Like 1